Closing on: Sep 30, 2023
Job Category: Maintenance
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Office Based
- Start Date: Immediate
- Working Hours: Mon – Fri, 8am – 5pm
- Line Manager: Christopher Cooper
- Duration: 4-12 Weeks
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- Avensure Zest for Health & Wellbeing
- Pension Scheme
- Eye Care Vouchers
East West Connect Ltd is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on age, race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristics. This policy applies to all employment practices within the organisation, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training and apprenticeship. East West Connect makes hiring decisions based on qualifications, merit and business needs at the time.
We are looking for people who are genuinely interested in our company and have a passion for the Construction sector. Our most successful students have a positive attitude and want to learn and work well with others. Academic record is important, but it’s not the only thing we look at. We pride ourselves on having an inclusive workplace.
We offer vacation placements for any duration between four to twelve weeks, usually in the summer. The vacation placement will give you valuable insight into the work we do. You will be assigned to a project or placed in an office where you can support our day-to-day operations. You will have a dedicated supervisor who will work with you to ensure you get the best from the placement.
On a Vacation Placement within our business, the main purpose will be to ensure you gain a clear understanding of what a career in Construction could entail and to give you hands-on work experience in the Industry.
- To work proactively with managers and staff to assist with the establishment and maintenance of systems, logs, and processes.
- To assist in achieving the company’s Targets and Objectives.
- To remain flexible and adapt to accommodate the growth and development of East West Connect as a business.
- To apply a solution-based positive attitude and approach to problems encountered.
- To maintain and monitor records in-line with company policies and procedures.
- To actively encourage a team ethic in the workplace.
- To proportionately share the workload and maintain continuity of service.
- To actively seek opportunities for personal development in the mutual interest of the individual and the Company.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Good verbal, written, and electronic communication skills.
- Ability to apply basic problem-solving skills to a variety of situations.
- Ability to develop a good level of understanding of all electrical disciplines.
- Good attention to detail
- Flexible to deal with varying workload
- Able to demonstrate a desire to pursue a career in the construction industry
- Assisting with General Office administration
- Support with Contract planning
- Assisting with Preconstruction
- Assisting with Quantity Surveying/Commercial
- Assisting with the Safety, Health & Environment of the business
- Assisting with Site Management
- Assisting with Design Management
- Assisting Tender Planning
- Assisting with Construction Engineering
- Positive team player with the ability to work effectively with others
- Ability to learn and develop
- Ability to learn from others
- Willingness to ask questions
- Willingness to visit other sites and projects and spend time away from home
- Excellent timekeeping and organised
What you’ll gain
You’ll gain valuable experience by working on real projects and alongside graduates and experienced professionals. Upon completion of the placement, you could leave with the opportunity to complete further placements at East-West Connect or full-time employment with a chance to develop your career as a Construction Professional.