- Salary: DOE
- Start Date: Immediate
- Working Hours:
Mon – Fri, 8am – 5pm
- Line Manager: Paul McElwaine
- Probation Period: 3 months
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- Avensure Zest for Health & Wellbeing
- Pension Scheme
- Eye Care Vouchers
This policy applies to all employment practices within the organisation, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training and apprenticeship. East West Connect makes hiring decisions based on qualifications, merit and business needs at the time.
We are looking for experienced Static Maintenance engineers to work on our prestigious sites based in Camberley and London. The candidate can either be mechanically or electrically biased, but a can-do attitude is key.
Qualifications & Experience
• Electrical or Mechanical experience
• Building Services maintenance experience essential
• Positive, proactive attitude towards Health & Safety
• Good communication skills and a can-do attitude
• Time management skills
• Good people skills
• Proactive and problem-solving skills
- Carry out remedial works, PPM tasks as per schedule, and update PPMs to the helpdesk.
- Resourcing sufficient equipment and materials in conjunction with the Contracts Manager and or the purchasing administrator.
- Basic fault finding on electrical/mechanical systems
- Filling out job sheets with a call-out description, time taken and materials used
- Keep log books on site up to date
- Carry out site audits including cosmetic maintenance audits
- To ensure that all plant on-site systems are well documented, and recorded efficiently, for asset registers & 60-day reports.
- Liaise with Help Desk on PPM works to ensure they are completed on time
- Ensuring Compliance with Health and Safety regulations/risk assessments
- Liaise with customers and tenants to ensure expectations are managed and met.
- Review RAMs and issue permits.
- Substantial practical experience required: have experience in electrical services and maintenance on domestic/industrial/commercial systems.
- Presentation and communication, in particular, able to use the English language for verbal and written communication.
- Must have relevant electrical and or mechanical qualifications.
- To present a professional image at all times, both in the office and to clients, and be a ‘role model’ for all visiting staff and contractors
- Ability to apply basic problem solving skills to a variety of situations
- Technical and industry knowledge of the complete building services and construction.
- To develop an extensive knowledge of mechanical, and electrical building services and a good understanding of their interfaces with general building works associated with them. A good grasp of commercial management, contract and construction management and technical services, practical knowledge of safe methods of working.
- Knowledge of the EWC employee’s handbook, EWC policies and processes, and EWC ISO system of works.
- Knowledge of the current legislation and good practice such as SFG20 along with identification of any areas where additional or updated training would be beneficial.
- Understanding of the H&S at Work Act 1974, and current H&S legislation applicable to construction and the relevant projects.