- Salary: DOE
- Start Date: Immediate
- Working Hours:
Mon – Fri, 8am – 5pm
- Line Manager:Terence Grantham
- Probation Period: 3 months
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- Avensure Zest for Health & Wellbeing
- Pension Scheme
- Eye Care Vouchers
This policy applies to all employment practices within the organisation, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training and apprenticeship. East West Connect makes hiring decisions based on qualifications, merit and business needs at the time.
An opportunity has arisen for a reactive maintenance contracts manager.
Chas West is owned by East West Connect and was created for the purpose of delivering the Catalysts Reactive and potentially planned works streams Contract but with the long-term goal of providing reactive and planned maintenance services for social housing clients throughout London and the Southeast of England
This is a great opportunity for the right applicant with fantastic progression routes in our fast-growing company.
The following job description is intended as a guide and is not exhaustive. All members of staff are expected to fulfill their roles in a flexible, proactive and problem-solving manner. Many Chas West staff will from time to time carry out different or additional roles in order to maintain the flexibility and needs of Chas West business or the needs of particular clients, consultants, and projects.The role is a support role and future succession planning for the Operations Director to help run and grow the business
- To actively promoted the best Health and Safety practices from conception to completion of all projects.
- Promote the company ethos of working in an open, honest, and transparent manner at all times
- Responsible for ensuring that the project is delivered safely on time, within budget, and to the agreed quality whilst exceeding client expectations, minimising risk, and maximising the opportunity for Chas West and its clients
- To understand, implement and adhere to the company SHEQ (Safety, Health, Environmental & Quality) ethos and ensure all employees and subcontractors do the same, being responsible for ensuring that SHEQ requirements are upheld to the highest of standards at all times
- To help develop the Reactive and planned work streams, under the guidance of the operations director, working with the compliance department to amalgamate the ISO management system to an acceptable level to operate and take forward the business.
- To assist the East West Connect Sales manager and his team of estimators and resources, in tendering and developing new business opportunities as they arise.
- Liaison with and direction of all CHAS WEST staff (as appropriate) in connection with all elements of the planned and reactive work streams, to drive ultimate performance and efficiency.
- Oversee all duties required in the delivery of the works via the ongoing development of a service team to deliver it.
- Oversee the development suitable and sustainable supply chain to provide and complement the above.
- To work with the operations director in overseeing and working with the commercial team and work with them to ensure all costing is accurate and reliable and implemented to ensure robust and accurate financial reporting process for the management of all costs and tracking of profitability of the projects utilising the CAFM system Job Logic among other tools and spreadsheets.
- To ensure that risk is controlled/ reduced and uncertainty minimized for each project and update and monitor the risk register.
- To review all methodologies for works both directly issued and by subcontract or specialist trades and ensure they are suitable for the works and ensure the works are carried out safely and a full run through the compliance team for assessment and approval.
- Ensure the right quality and calibre of staff are recruited, as directed by the operations director, in accordance with company policies and procedures, project requirements, and in line with the agreed budget
- Lead, motivate, communicate with, develop, appraise, and performance manage staff to ensure they are fully motivated to achieve the best performance levels and to meet the company’s needs
- Ensure that poor performance is not tolerated and is remedied via support, training or disciplinary action as appropriate
- Recognise and encourage excellent performance.
- To help generate internal and external cost reports working with the commercial team for presentation to the operations director.
- Knowledge of general and reactive maintenance including building fabric, fitting out, and estimating for all streams of planned and reactive works, a good grasp of commercial management, contract and construction management, and technical services, and a practical knowledge of safe methods of working.
- Knowledge of the process and processes involved in high-quality project management and delivery.
- Will be expected to learn the CHAS WEST employee’s handbook, CHAS WEST policies, and processes, and CHAS WEST ISO system of works, and development to ISO systems via the EWC compliance team.
- Knowledge of the current legislation and good practice across the industry and identification of any areas where additional or updated training would be beneficial.
- Understanding of the H&S at works act, current H&S legislation applicable to the construction, and the project involved with.
- Overall understanding of all services and fabric knowledge and understanding relating to maintenance and reactive work streams and the installation sequence, timing, legislation, and general practicalities of installing and managing these services for planned and reactive work streams.
- A suitable knowledge and appreciation of the associated construction trades that go with this to facilitate review of the process, programming, and builder work requirements.
- Some financial understanding of project delivery and project costing relating to reactive and planned maintenance.
- Good project management and delivery skills and understanding coupled with the ability to train and develop the relevant staff to adopt and develop these.
- IT including spreadsheet software, presentation software, CAFM Job logic understanding, and development.
- Presentation and communication, in particular, are able the use the English language for verbal and written communication.
- Able to plan and organise the work necessary to provide on time, on a budget project with maximum client satisfaction, and manage a team to achieve the optimum result in the time available.
- Financial and commercial awareness.
- Communicate in a timely and effective manner with all those who have a stake in the work
- Effectively manage time in order to meet deadlines
- Must have reactive maintenance, gas servicing, planned maintenance, and refurbishment experience
- To help build and manage a team to deliver the day-to-day operations of the Reactive and planned work stream to ensure it is delivered in the most cost-effective and efficient manner, to achieve our targets inevitably a sustainable growth pattern.
- Understand, comply and promote CHAS WEST policies and ISO procedures including business management systems, HR, IT, health and safety, environment, communications, and branding.
- To encourage and assist in always finding the best engineering solution to allow maximum benefit to the project within the remits of the specification and standards,
- To ensure and promote the best prime cost are achieved on all projects.
- Supervise and manage all site staff and subcontractors as required to provide an efficient and safe working environment.
- Provide a structured approach to project planning to include health and safety, execution methods, and quality
- Resource allocation and control, including supply chain and directly-employed staff, in liaison with the Quantity Surveying team
- Support and guide the framework team as required with programming, from overall project programme to detailed task scheduling, ensuring that updated program.
- Assisting with planning, coordination, and monitoring of all material purchasing and supply for the project to ensure that the associated quality and time constraints are met
- Assisting with coordination and procurement activities in line with the Quantity Surveying to ensure the timely appointment of suitable subcontractors and suppliers to provide adequate resources and expertise to achieve required quality and timescales
- Liaison with the client as directed by the operations director.
- Ensure high client satisfaction is being achieved and constantly look to improve our client relationship
- Ensure projects are being planned and resourced accordingly both internally and externally
- Monitor and inspect projects regularly to ensure that quality benchmarks are being adhered to, key performance indicators are met and target timescales achieved
- Work with the CAFM system of Job Logic to allow all work streams to be controlled, planned, tracked, and cost via it.
- Continued improvement on the efficiency of all work streams but with particular focus on the reactive works as they offer the greatest challenge to deliver efficiently.
- Understand all associated KPIs, both internal and client, ensuring that project delivery is developed, supported, guided, and managed to meet the relevant targets
- To attend and prepare reports as required from Operations director.
- To conduct and attend client meetings as required and record via minutes/ File notes.
- To attend handover meetings for all tenders and ensure all records are made via minutes/ File notes.
- To conduct and attend post contract review meetings and record via minutes/ File notes.
- To conduct and attend appraisal meetings with all subordinates where required.
- To attend company staff meetings.
- To attend company H&S meetings.
- To attend team meetings.