- Salary: DOE
- Start Date: Immediate
- Working Hours:
Mon – Fri, 8am – 5pm
- Line Manager: Christopher Cooper
- Probation Period: 3 months
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- Avensure Zest for Health & Wellbeing
- Pension Scheme
- Eye Care Vouchers
This policy applies to all employment practices within the organisation, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training and apprenticeship. East West Connect makes hiring decisions based on qualifications, merit and business needs at the time.
Chas West Limited is a Reactive Maintenance business owned by East West Connect, providing reactive and planned maintenance services for social housing clients throughout London and the South East of England.
Our primary focus is on building its reputation for high-quality service and excellent customer support – to be reliable, easy to deal with, and empathetic in all aspects of our service delivery.
- Working as part of a team alongside the existing commercial team and on the company’s Reactive and Planned Maintenance Social Housing and Refurbishment projects and helping develop the systems and process to allow a greater volume of work to be managed.
- Experience of reactive maintenance, CAFM type software, Chas West uses Job Logic but all operate in a similar manner.
- Work with NHF schedule of rates when pricing works.
- Promote the company ethos of working in an open, honest, and transparent manner at all times
- Responsible comply with supply chain protocol to deliver safely, on time, within budget, and to the agreed quality whilst exceeding client expectations, minimising risk, and maximising the opportunity for Chas Berger and its clients
- To understand, promote and implement as appropriate the company SHEQ (Safety, Health, Environmental & Quality) ethos and ensure all employees and subcontractors do the same, being responsible for ensuring that SHEQ requirements are upheld to the highest of standards at all times
The Quantity Surveyor will be reporting to our Reactive Operations Director/Directors.
- Provide honest, open and transparent reporting to the Senior Management team and Directors at all times, ensuring that the same is obtained from the project teams in a consistent manner/format
- Attendance, preparation and reporting as required for all meetings in relation to the project
- Ensure that the required level and quality of information flows in a timely manner between the site delivery teams, supply chain, senior management team and client team.
- Comply with and promote SHEQ policy and strategy to all supply chains.
- Liaise with the Management Team and SHEQ Manager to ensure that SHEQ initiatives are implemented.
- Support, promote and develop an open, honest and transparent SHEQ culture at all levels of framework delivery.
- Responsible for ensuring that SHEQ compliance is integral in our commercial planning and management of our projects, from tender stage to Practical Completion, issue of H&S Files and making good of defects accordingly
- The leadership of the commercial delivery of the project endeavoring, wherever possible, to resolve difficulties in a non-adversarial manner
- Identify critical success factors, trends, cost outlays, and KPIs and feedback into reporting systems or to management to address or recover costs.
- Provide commercial direction, focus, and consistency across the project team
- Resource allocation and control, including supply chain and directly-employed staff Lead, motivate, communicate with, develop, appraise, and performance manage staff to ensure they are fully motivated to achieve the best performance levels and to meet the company’s needs
- Ensure that poor performance is not tolerated and is remedied via support, training, or disciplinary action
- Recognise and encourage excellent performance
Planning & Programming
- Provide a structured approach to project planning taking into consideration of health and safety, execution methods, and quality.
- Identify critical success factors and KPIs and feed back into reporting systems, client reporting, and invoicing.
- Resource allocation and control, including supply chain and directly-employed staff, in liaison with the rest of the project team
- Liaise with and guide the project team as required with programming, from the overall project programme to detailed task scheduling, ensuring that updated programme information is available at all times
- Monitoring of all material purchasing and supply for the project to ensure that the associated quality and time constraints are met
- Coordinate and support procurement activities in line with the project team to ensure the timely appointment of suitable subcontractors and suppliers to provide adequate resources and expertise to achieve required quality and timescales
- Management and control of sub-contract accounts and variation accounts
- Change management control by looking at chargeable rates not included in the contract and efficient use of Sor to reclaim costs.
- Managing material procurement in line with contract and program requirements whilst maximising buying opportunities
- To manage the day-to-day cost control, monitoring, and reporting on a designated project(s)
- Develop an understanding of the designated contract, specification, and pricing ensuring compliance with conditions throughout
- Assist the Project team with subcontractor selection and ensure the chosen subcontractor has the appropriate order and information to carry out their work
- Liaise with the Project team over contractual issues and take action as required
- Measure progress, submit valuations, submit final accounts and retention release, and monitor receipt of payment in a timely manner
- Process subcontractor requests for payment
- Completing a monthly cost/valuation report and cash flow for the designation project(s) and general management of the costs throughout the process to ensure efficiency and reclaim.
- Where appropriate, assist with estimates and negotiations for future projects or phases
- Ensure the company is neither compromised nor disadvantaged by a contractual or financial arrangement
- Manage the costs of a project to ensure both the company and the client is fully advised of the cost situation
- Ensure timely cash flow management for the Client, the company, and the supply chain
- Assisting the development and training of trainee and assistant surveyors
- Liaison with the client and contract administrator on both a formal and informal basis
- Ensure high client satisfaction is being achieved and constantly look to improve our client relationship
- Ensure projects are being planned and resourced accordingly both internally and externally
- Monitor and inspect projects regularly to ensure that quality benchmarks are being adhered to, key performance indicators are met and target timescales achieved
Skills & Knowledge
- Confident oral and written communication skills
- Financial and commercial awareness
- Communicate in a timely and effective manner with all those who have a stake in the work
- Knowledge and Ability to use and develop CAFM maintenance system and invoicing.
- Effectively manage time to meet deadlines
- Mentor and support others
- Ability to negotiate and influence
- Previous experience within project management
- Must have planned maintenance and refurbishment experience
- Up to date relevant knowledge of building legislation
- Up to date relevant knowledge of Health and Safety legislation
- Experience in reactive maintenance ideally with knowledge of PPP (price per property contracts)