- Salary: DOE
- Start Date: Immediate
- Working Hours:
Mon – Fri, 8am – 5pm
- Line Manager: Rares Muresanu
- Probation Period: 3 months
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- Avensure Zest for Health & Wellbeing
- Pension Scheme
- Eye Care Vouchers
This policy applies to all employment practices within the organisation, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training and apprenticeship. East West Connect makes hiring decisions based on qualifications, merit and business needs at the time.
We are looking for an experienced Project Manager – Active Fire Safety, a key role, part of the Maintenance Department and which carries management responsibility for maintaining the company’s accreditations and third party certification.
The company operates a comprehensive Integrated Management System or IMS which enables us to achieve external accreditation from 3rd Party Certification bodies and maintain membership with the Fire Industry Association (FIA). Our job descriptions are used in conjunction with the over-arching HSE-PR-14 – Health & Safety Roles and Responsibilities document, which adds more detail to explain our expectations.
- Extensive experience of supporting and advising senior management on audit, risk and governance matters gained within a regulated environment (fire safety related).
- Proven track record of designing, developing, implementing and managing safe systems of work (fire safety related).
- Knowledge and understanding of governance systems and structures including auditing, risk management and investigations in the construction industry or similar.
- Overseeing and management of Fire Alarm & Smoke Control design, installation, commissioning and maintenance across various environments including residential, commercial, retail and industrial buildings.
- Strong understanding of governance and fire safety (detection and alarm systems) compliance issues within a complex organisation.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply in practice the requirements of the RRO, Fire Safety Act and Fire Safety Regulations.
- Site management safety qualification and associated CITB accredited qualifications e.g. SSSTS, SMSTS and CSCS card (Manager, Professionally or academically qualified).
- An up to date understanding of regulatory requirements in fire safety industry and associated standards including but not limited to: BS 9999, 9991, 5839, 5446, 7273, ISO 9001, 14001 and 45001.
- Understanding of how-to deliver effective training to a range of audiences.
- Knowledge and qualification s in relevant BS standards for Commercial, residential and retail environments
- Ability to raise and implement SSOW
Skills & Requirements
- Excellent levels of verbal and written communication skills.
- A track record of building effective teams, forming positive and motivational relationships.
- Ability to influence and negotiate positive outcomes with senior managers, supervisors, operatives and third parties.
- Good research and reporting skills, able to analyse complex information and present it in an accessible way.
- Ability to maintain accurate records and use a range of digital packages to communicate strategic and operational information.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- The ability to travel to a range of sites.
- Appreciation that there might be out of hours working, agreed in advance.
- Manage project teams, including those based at site, to comply with the full requirements of the Integrated Management System (IMS) and any additional client specifications within the scope of Fire Safety and Security.
- Manage the effective operation of the Fire Safety Management systems on a day-to-day basis.
- Ensure the company meets all variants of BAFE and IFC accreditation requirements as requested by the Head of Fire and Security and Head of QSHE Compliance.
- Assist the Head of QSHE Compliance in managing the governance and risk processes across all areas of business operations.
- Comply with employer’s requirement to undertake regular site audit reports in a format agreed with line manager in line with the company procedures, and to provide a minimum of one site audit report to QSHE team per month.
- To carry out and facilitate any investigations into incidents/accidents, near misses, non-conformances as required in line with company policy and procedures.
- To audit and evidence company practices, delivering continuous improvement across the compliance functions, specifically through regular auditing of BAFE and IFC requirements and associated standards.
- Act as a champion of compliance, reinforce health, safety and welfare at all times and support colleagues across the business to meet the standards expected.
- To represent the company in a positive and professional way at all times.
- To uphold all the values of the company at all times.
- An understanding of how to identify manufacturers that are not in our portfolio and work towards getting EWC on approved installer list.
- Maintain relation with current manufacturers and suppliers – identify commercial opportunities in procuring equipment