- Salary: DOE
- Start Date: Immediate
- Working Hours:
Mon – Fri, 8am – 5pm
- Line Manager: Michelle Hanlon
- Probation Period: 3 months
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- Avensure Zest for Health & Wellbeing
- Pension Scheme
- Eye Care Vouchers
This policy applies to all employment practices within the organisation, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training and apprenticeship. East West Connect makes hiring decisions based on qualifications, merit and business needs at the time.
An exciting opportunity has opened up for an Office Manager, who has a drive to multi-task and work in a fast pace environment.
The purpose of the role is to run the general office and try and ensure high standards are maintained throughout the building and systems while reporting to the Senior Office Manager.
- Management of office events from team lunches to any training requirements for smaller internal functions up to circa 30 people.
- Overseeing Booking and allocations stores personal for deliveries.
- Enforcement of general tiredness and cleanliness of the office including monthly report to identify good and bad practices and encourage general office good practice.
- Update of all office schedule.
- Management of the cleaners and schedule of works for them to carry out.
- Management meeting rooms control and organising all related diaries.
- General office management:
- Office management for existing and new operatives
- Ensuring office is kept clean and without unnecessary storage and all archives are kept and destroyed at earliest notice
- All general notices
- Parking control
- Management cleaners and general office contracts
- Management of the office repairs via maintenance team
- Management of tea points supplies and ensuring kept clean and tidy via gently enforcement and cleaning team
- Identification of what needs to be done to maintain good presentation
- Wellbeing corner, notices, boards, staff bonding evening as required
- Management of all meeting rooms main and use of other offices when director not using
- Ensure H&S of the offices is always maintained including audits of office and surrounding areas/ stores, as guided by compliance department
- Experience of working in the construction industry.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Adaptability in learning new systems.
- Flexible attitude.
- Knowledge of the EWC employee’s handbook, EWC policies and processes and EWC ISO system of works, following training.
- Knowledge of EWC and our values and services.
- Knowledge of general office and document management.
- Management to manage the office tasks as generally set out above.
- Good Telephone manner.
- IT is including spread-sheet software, all usual Microsoft suit to include but not be limited to word, excel and presentation softwares.
- Presentation and communication, in particular able in the use of the English language for verbal and written communication.
- Manage the general department administration requirements in a timely manner.
- Structured and organised approach to document control.
- Good time management.