- Salary: DOE
- Start Date: Immediate
- Working Hours:
Mon – Fri, 8am – 5pm
- Line Manager: Chris Cooper
- Probation Period: 3 months
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- Avensure Zest for Health & Wellbeing
- Pension Scheme
- Eye Care Vouchers
This policy applies to all employment practices within the organisation, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training and apprenticeship. East West Connect makes hiring decisions based on qualifications, merit and business needs at the time.
We have an excellent opportunity for a Maintenance Quantity Surveyor to join our expanding team.
At East West Connect we have over 30 years’ of experience in delivering tailored maintenance services to a variety of clients across many sectors. Our personalised approach towards all our customers is built upon a strong foundation of trust and familiarity.
Purpose of the role
To provide measurement and Quantity Surveying functions including preparation of quotations, cost control, reconciliation of works at project level, assistance in scheduling works, managing Client and Sub Contract payment process, compiling firm prices for additional and retrospective works and ensuring all commercial aspects of chargeable works are processed are claimed.
- Management of the commercial element of Additional Services / project works.
- Managing & monitoring reactive works stream and capturing all works
- Preparing and submitting weekly / monthly reports
- Managing the procurement process in conjunction with Project Managers and Supervisor
- Preparing and submitting, quotations, rough order costs, firm price offers in a timely manner
- Measuring work on site with project managers, clients representatives, sub-contractors
- Measurement and valuing of works, using Schedules of Rates and pricing software
- Preparing, issuing and analysing tenders
- Preparing sub-contractor order documentation
- Checking and agreeing sub-contractor applications for payment and Milestones
- Assisting in establishing a client’s requirements and undertaking feasibility studies and providing indicative costs.
- Providing costs options for projects
- Quantity Surveying qualification is desired
- Ability to measure (take-off) and price works.
- General pre & post tender QS duties
- Knowledge of the National Schedule of Rates or other pricing books