- Salary: DOE
- Start Date: Immediate
- Working Hours:
Mon – Fri, 8am – 5pm
- Line Manager: Paul McElwaine
- Probation Period: 3 months
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- Avensure Zest for Health & Wellbeing
- Pension Scheme
- Eye Care Vouchers
This policy applies to all employment practices within the organisation, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training and apprenticeship. East West Connect makes hiring decisions based on qualifications, merit and business needs at the time.
This role is to provide additional support to the existing Maintenance Management team with an emphasis on Mechanical Bias.
East West Connect Limited provides Building Services Maintenance (Reactive, Planned Preventative, and Small Works) across the spectrum of HVAC, Gas Safety, Fire and Security, and Electrical Compliance on both domestic and commercial levels.
We are looking to add to our existing team to facilitate our continued growth by exploring new opportunities both within our existing customer portfolio and in the open market.
A successful candidate for this position will be expected to have previous knowledge and experience (to facilitate in the delivery of) the following
- M&E Maintenance experience with a strong bias toward mechanical maintenance and small projects.
- Experience with SFG20 maintenance schedule and its practical application, using service timings to ensure engineers are optimised and jobs are costed/quoted accurately to remain profitable and competitive.
- Use of Computer-Assisted Facilities Management Tool, East West Connect currently use Job Logic.
- Small projects and works management across varying clients and sites ranging from small component replacements up to larger plant replacements.
- Assist the department in exploring opportunities generated from Planned Maintenance visits, identifying defects, parts replacement, or preventative measures which will avoid plant failure.
- Generally driving efficiencies through working practices whilst using industry knowledge and experience to maintain compliance with legislation and best practice.
- Key Client Management – developing and maintaining good working relationships with clients and ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Contract delivery – to have day-to-day responsibility for the program including forecasting and compliance to ensure it is on time and at all times managing risk and safeguarding the company’s financial position.
- To promote and deliver a culture of excellence on all contracts, leading by example, and ensuring the right first-time delivery becomes standard across all contracts.
- People management – To proactively manage resources on a project, including sub-contractors.
- Management of Quality, Health, Safety & Environmental – to set high standards of QSHE management ensuring that QSHE requirements are in accordance with legislative requirements and the Company’s QSHE policies.
- To assist the heads of department and Maintenance Director along with estimators and other resources, in the tendering process including the development of tenders, pre-construction information, and the general process of securing works and developing new business opportunities for the business as a whole.
- Monitor and participate in the works/quotes in progress reports.
- Compliance with the Company Supply Chain Procedures for Selection and Evaluation and sharing information relating to the performance of the Supply Chain to the benefit of the whole business.
- Ensure the accounting team is always up to date with all invoicing and that all costs both upstream and downstream are captured to ensure true profitability is always realised, known, and monitored.
- Ensure that risk is controlled/ reduced and uncertainty minimized for all works and update and monitor the risk register.
- To review and evaluate all RAMS/SSOW and submit to the QSHE for approval. Ongoing monitoring of adherence to QSHE requirements to be evidenced by providing regular site audit reports, minimum one per month.
- To assist with reviewing all proposed contracts and ensure that they are not overly onerous and any non-standard clauses are identified and agreed with all parties before contract is signed up
Knowledge, Skills, and minimum training requirements
- Knowledge of working to company policies and procedures to achieve high-quality standard mechanical maintenance and project delivery in both commercial and domestic environments.
- Understanding of relevant industry standards and their practical application to assure compliance.
- Prior knowledge/experience of working with an employer’s handbook, policies, procedures and Integrated Management Systems.
- Vocational skill verification – CSCS Skills Card/Mechanical B-Tech or above – NVQ Level 3 Mechanical Trade Qualification (or equivalent) as a minimum.
- Asbestos awareness.
- Manual Handling.
- Working at height.
- Full clean driving licence.
- To attend and prepare reports for management meetings.
- To attend pre-bid and interim bid meetings as required to ensure suitable support and material.
- To conduct and attend client meetings as required and record via minutes/notes.
- To attend handover meetings for all tenders and ensure all records are made via minutes/notes.
- To conduct and attend post-contract review meetings and record via minutes/notes.
- To conduct and attend appraisal meetings with department heads for subordinates where required.
- To attend company staff meetings.
- To attend company H&S meetings.
- To attend team meetings.