- Salary: 25k -£32k DOE
- Start Date: Immediate
- Working Hours:
Mon – Fri, 8am – 5pm
- Line Manager: James Gray
- Probation Period: 3 months
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- Avensure Zest for Health & Wellbeing
- Pension Scheme
- Eye Care Vouchers
This policy applies to all employment practices within the organisation, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training and apprenticeship. East West Connect makes hiring decisions based on qualifications, merit and business needs at the time.
About the job
An exciting opportunity has opened up for a Marketing and Document Control Assistant, who has a drive to multi-task and work in a fast pace environment.
The role is a junior position in East West Connect (EWC) and will assist our preconstruction team which includes marketing and tendering colleagues. The position is designed to support the Branding and Presentation engineer and the estimators. It is about assisting with marketing activities and document control, ensuring that information is catalogued so it can be retrieved easily when required.
The preconstruction team is the very first calling point for our clients. Our team builds the tender returns, pre qualifications, and collates and creates internal and external marketing content. This includes newsletters, social media posts, website updates, posters and leaflets.
The ideal candidate will be well organised and creative with a passion for marketing and social media. They should be able to work well under pressure and enjoy being part of a high performing and creative team.
E – Essential; D – Desirable
Qualifications and Experience
- Working knowledge of the Adobe suite including InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop. (E)
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft office suite including Microsoft PowerPoint. (E)
- Good working knowledge of WordPress website designer. (E)
- Skills and flair to write and produce marketing content for documentation, presentations and support tenders (E)
- Presentation and communication, good understanding and use of the English language for verbal and written communications. (E)
- Knowledge of suitable presentation software. The likes of modelling software, PDF writer, web designer, 3d software, programming software. (D)
- Engineering and logistical skills (D)
- Adaptability in learning new systems. (E)
- Flexible attitude. (E)
- Knowledge of the EWC employee’s handbook, EWC policies and processes and EWC ISO system of works. (E)
- Knowledge of general office and document management. (E)
- Knowledge of EWC and our values and services. (E)
- Experience of working in the construction industry. (D)
- Engineering M&E background and qualification (D)
- Excellent levels of verbal and written communication skills. (E)
- Good organisational and electronic filing skills. (E)
- Excellent track record of working in effective teams, forming positive and motivational relationships. (E)
- Ability to influence and negotiate positive outcomes with senior managers, supervisors, operatives and third parties. (E)
- Excellent research and reporting skills, able to analyse complex information and present it in an accessible way. (E)
- Excellent planning and organisational skills. (E)
- Good time management skills. (E)
- Basis knowledge of photography and videography (D)
- The ability to travel to a range of sites within the M25 location. (E)
- Structured and organised approach to document control. (E)
- Appreciation that there might be out of hours working, agreed in advance. (E)
- Assist the estimators with document control duties including the recording and cataloguing of tender documents received.
- Maintenance and updating of the supply chain tender enquiry schedule.
- Creation of marketing content for publication both internally and externally including social media, newsletters, prequalification’s, Presentations and tender returns.
- Assist in production of all outgoing pre tender, tender, post tender, web, general presentation documents, information and safety bulletins, sales and marketing and promotional documentations and presentations. .
- Updating of the Pre Qualification Questionnaire index with submitted responses for future use.
- Photographing and videoing periodic progress on our sites from a marketing prospective.
- Assist with the organisation of marketing events associated with the Sales function as required.
- Assist in reducing the time spent on tender documents and PQQ completion by evolving a suit of documents and responses in a well-structured library contained within the EWC SharePoint location.
- Use lessons learnt from recent tenders and projects to improve future works and develop processes and to ensure constant improvement.
- Assist in the evolution of the EWC websites both internal and external.
- Assist in the coordination and compliance of all central branding internally and externally.
- Implement and comply with EWC policies, procedures, as generally set down by the ISO system of work, including business management systems, HR, IT, health and safety, environmental, communications and branding.
- To provide weekly updates coordinated with the Head of Business Development as to status of all ongoing works and tenders.
- Contribute to the Sales and Marketing reports that are provided to the Directors, Managing Director and Shareholders detailing all elements of performance within the scope of the role.
- Assist the Head of Business Development in producing marketing documents which align to the demands of the 5-year business plan.
- To represent the company in a positive and professional way at all times.
- To uphold all the values of the company at all times.
- Constant liaising with the Head of Business Development and Pre construction team.