- Salary: DOE
- Start Date: Immediate
- Working Hours:
Mon – Fri, 8am – 5pm
- Line Manager: Paul McElwaine
- Probation Period: 3 months
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- Avensure Zest for Health & Wellbeing
- Pension Scheme
- Eye Care Vouchers
East West Connect Ltd is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on age, race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristics.
This policy applies to all employment practices within the organisation, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training and apprenticeship. East West Connect makes hiring decisions based on qualifications, merit and business needs at the time.
An opportunity has arisen for a maintenance contract manger. The successful Applicant will have experience in delivering construction or MEPH based maintenance or lifecycle contracts. This is a great opportunity to the right applicant with fantastic progression routes in our fast-growing company.
This is a hands-on role that would suit an individual who can work using their own initiative and have a proactive approach to undertake all tasks required in a conscientious manner. The applicant must have great communication skills and a reliable team player.
The applicant will need to be well presented and courteous as they will be working in some very prestigious establishments. There is full technical support and scheduling of works from our office based in Perivale.
Full clean UK driving licence required, as well as your own tools.
Enhanced DBS Check and Security checks will be required for this role.
- Extensive knowledge of building services and a good understanding of their interfaces with general building works associated with them. A good grasp of commercial management, contract and construction management and technical services, a practical knowledge of safe methods of working and a working understanding of the application of SFG20 and its integration with the CAFM system.
- Knowledge of the EWC employee’s handbook, EWC policies and processes and EWC ISO system of works.
- Knowledge of the current legislation and good practice across the industry and identification of any areas where additional or updated training would be beneficial.
- Understanding of the H&S at works act, current H&S legislation applicable to construction and the contract involved with.
- Full building services knowledge and understanding of the installation sequence, timing, legislation and general practicalities of installing and managing these services and or knowledge of construction practices pertaining to the delivery of construction-based contracts.
- A suitable knowledge and appreciation of the associated construction trades that go with this to facilitate review of process, programming and builders work requirements.
- Analytical skills to breakdown the tender and pre construction information.
- IT including spread-sheet software, word and presentation software, and general software to allow contract delivery.
- Presentation and communication, in particular able in the use of the English language for verbal and written communication.
- A developed ability to assess site conditions from a physical inspection and interpretation of intrusive surveys and non-intrusive surveys.
- An ability to read and understand tender documents especially specifications, drawings and terms & conditions.
- To be able to read and understand quotations, resolving any conditions or qualifications contained therein. To be able to read and understand tender and construction documentation (correspondence, drawings, specifications, etc) either in a paper or electronic version, including action as required.
- Able to plan and organise the work necessary to achieve the contract requirements and key milestones.
- Manage a contract team to achieve the optimum result in the time available.
- To document, in a neat and meticulous manner, the contract and all inputs and outputs and associated information arising from it and present it to the management on a weekly or as required basis (preferable reporting method is Site Audit Pro).
- Implement and comply EWC policies, procedures, as generally set down by the ISO system of work, including business management systems, HR, IT, health and safety, environmental, communications and branding.
- To implement and where lacking develop and comply with EWC policies and procedures including quality, health and safety and environmental, supply chain management, business management system and sales and marketing.
- To manage and implement procedures covering all aspects of contract delivery and H&S to achieve the high standards required within the correct timeframe.
- Find the best engineering solution to allow maximum benefit to the contract within the remits of the specification and standards.
- To ensure best prime cost are achieved on all contracts.
- To investigate sales opportunities and to actively pursue further work opportunities.
- Checking, maintaining and control the Client’s enquiry and continued construction information documents.
- Preparing subcontract and materials enquiries and review of the subsequent quotations, using the ISO model review all subcontractors via the processes in place and pre order minutes to ensure the full requirements of the contract and package are understood.
- Preparing and presenting the commercial aspects of the contract to upper management when required.
- Supervise and manage all site staff and subcontractors as required to provide an efficient and safe working environment.
- Identify and develop new business opportunities in an informed and coherent manor with the other directors.
- Ensure commercial viability of works undertaken by cost management and expenditure restraints.