- Salary: DOE
- Start Date: Immediate
- Working Hours:
Mon – Fri, 8am – 5pm
- Line Manager: Richard Allen
- Probation Period: 3 months
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- Avensure Zest for Health & Wellbeing
- Pension Scheme
- Eye Care Vouchers
This policy applies to all employment practices within the organisation, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training and apprenticeship. East West Connect makes hiring decisions based on qualifications, merit and business needs at the time.
East West Maintenance provides Building Services Maintenance (Reactive, Planned Preventative, and Small Works) across the spectrum of HVAC, Gas Safety, Fire and Security, and Electrical Compliance on both domestic and commercial levels.
This role is to provide additional support to the existing Management team with an emphasis on Passive Fire Protection and Construction works in the as-built environment.
We are looking to add to our existing team to facilitate our continued growth by exploring new opportunities both within our existing customer portfolio and in the open market.
A successful candidate for this position will be expected to have previous knowledge and experience (to facilitate in the delivery of) the following
- To actively promote and manage the best Health and Safety practices from conception to completion of all contracts. For further information relating to the defined roles and responsibilities please refer to the Health and Safety Roles and Responsibilities Document HSE-PR-14.
- To manage the planning, programming deliver,y and quality control from procurement through to the day-to-day operation of the contract or contracts assigned to them.
- To develop the deliverable capabilities of the Maintenance Construction department by bringing in-house works that are currently subcontracted out, particularly regarding Fire Door Installation, Fire stopping installation, and builder’s works in relation.
- Implement coordination and liaison with the other departments of East West Connect, clients, subcontractors, and supply chain to facilitate the successful delivery of the contract.
- Ensure that risk is controlled/reduced and uncertainty minimized for each contract and provide updates that may require updating on the risk register.
- To review all methodologies for works both directly issued and by subcontract or specialist trades and ensure they are suitable for the works and ensure the works are carried out safely.
- Fire Door and Fire Stopping Installations – Provide technical reports and schedules demonstrating the evaluation of installations and their compliance with client specifications, manufacturer’s installation guide, fire certification, and third-party certification requirements.
- Fire Door and Fire Stopping Installations – Evaluate and develop all technical information and all drawings and specification to provide a compliant and suitable design solution.
- Raise all required queries and request workshops to achieve a fully compliant and workable design within the remits of industry standards and legislation, third-party accreditations/certifiers, tender documentation, and good practice.
- Using the standard forms and processes to manage the contract through its delivery generates progress reports as required that fully address the progress and any issues hindering it.
- Ensure the correct resource is allocated to the contract to allow the safe, efficient, and professional delivery of the contract in accordance with the procedures set down. If for any reason this is not suitably allocated raise any issues with the line management.
- Develop any process, in conjunction with the office and ISO system, that is not allowing the full control and delivery of the contract or implement any further ones required.
- Manage all subordinates, labour, subcontractors, and suppliers to achieve the requirements of the contract as detailed above.
- Assist in gaining new work for East West Connect (EWC) organisation by understanding its goals and objectives and actively and professionally promoting them to all clients.
- When requested by the director of Maintenance or Head of Maintenance to assist in the preparation of proposals including tenders for contracts, including such activities as site meetings, interviews, logistical and programming documentation, and general documentation to promote understanding of new tenders
- Track resource requirements of the contract/s as they develop to ensure adequate levels are maintained.
- Contribute to the ongoing growth of the business by maximising productivity, effectiveness, and efficiency of the work undertaken.
- Continually monitor suppliers’ and contractors’ commercial viability and market competitiveness.
- Adhere to the Company Selection and Evaluation of Supplier’s Procedure when introducing new members to the supply chain.
- Extensive Trade knowledge and Site Management experience.
- Experience in building services and a good understanding of their interfaces with general building works associated with them.
- A good grasp of commercial management, contract and construction management, and technical services, practical knowledge of safe methods of working, and a working understanding of the application of SFG20 and its integration with the CAFM system.
- Knowledge of the current legislation and good practice across the industry and identification of any areas where additional or updated training would be beneficial.
- Understanding of the H&S at works act, current H&S legislation applicable to construction, and the contract involved.
- Verified references relating to the works.
- Analytical skills to break down the tender and pre-construction information.
- Competent with IT including spreadsheet software, word and presentation software, programming software, and general software to allow contract delivery.
- Presentation and communication, in particular able in the use of the English language for verbal and written communication.
- A developed ability to assess site conditions from a physical inspection and interpretation of intrusive surveys and non-intrusive surveys.
- An ability to read and understand tender documents especially specifications, drawings, and terms & conditions.
- To be able to read and understand quotations, resolving any conditions or qualifications contained therein. To be able to read and understand tender and construction documentation (correspondence, drawings, specifications, etc) either in a paper or electronic version, including action as required.
- Able to plan and organise the work necessary to achieve the contract requirements and key milestones.
- Manage a contract team to achieve the optimum result in the time available.
- To document, in a neat and meticulous manner, the contract and all inputs and outputs and associated information arising from it and present it to the management on a weekly or as-required basis (the preferable reporting method is Site Audit Pro).
- Implement and comply with EWC policies, and procedures, as generally set down by the ISO system of work, including business management systems, HR, IT, health and safety, environmental, communications and branding.
- To manage and implement procedures covering all aspects of contract delivery and H&S to achieve the high standards required within the correct timeframe.
- Find the best engineering solution to allow maximum benefit to the contract within the remits of the specification and standards,
- To ensure the best prime costs are achieved on all contracts.
- To investigate sales opportunities and to actively pursue further work opportunities.
- Checking, maintaining, and controlling the Client’s inquiry and continued construction information documents.
- Preparing subcontract and materials inquiries and review of the subsequent quotations, using the ISO model reviewing all subcontractors via the processes in place and pre-order minutes to ensure the full requirements of the contract and package are understood.
- Preparing and presenting Site Audit Pro Health and Safety Management report to the Line Manager and Health and Safety Manager.
- Supervise and manage all site staff and subcontractors as required to provide an efficient and safe working environment.
- Ensure commercial viability of works undertaken by cost management and expenditure restraints.
- Secure and maintain third-party certification in Fire Door Installation and Inspection.
- Secure and maintain third-party certification in Fire stopping Installation.
- Expand on services currently provided by the Maintenance Construction department with a primary focus on developing Fire Door Inspection, Fire Door Repairs, Fire Door Installation, and Passive Fire Stopping Installation.
- Extend services out to new customers within our Client Portfolio.