- Start Date: Immediate
- Working Hours:Mon – Fri, 9am – 5pm
- Line Manager:Nisha Patel
- Probation Period: 3 months
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- Avensure Zest for Health & Wellbeing
- Pension Scheme
- Eye Care Vouchers
This policy applies to all employment practices within the organisation, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training and apprenticeship. East West Connect makes hiring decisions based on qualifications, merit and business needs at the time.
- We pride ourselves in taking a warm and friendly approach to our contracts and Personnel. For over 35 years we have built a track record of client satisfaction and successful projects in some of the most prestigious and complex buildings in London. We have built a long-term relationship with one of the most high-profile housing associations in London as well as the home counties and have a very strong maintenance presence across the area.
- We look for people who have the right attitude and approach to work and can adapt well to our way of working. We expect our people to fulfil their roles in a flexible, proactive, and problem-solving manner. This will mean from time to time asking them to carry out different or additional roles in order to maintain the flexibility and needs of our HR department. We strive to provide that support to our individuals and workers.
- Our job descriptions are used in conjunction with the over-arching HSE-PR-14 – Health & Safety Roles and Responsibilities document, which adds more detail to explain our expectations.
The purpose of this role is to contribute to the overall success of the HR department in managing personnel across the company and providing support to the HR manager.
You will report to the HR Manager and the board of directors and to the Managing Director and Chairwoman in the absence of other hierarchy.
The role involves administrating the documents in recruitment process, induction processes, training & development, performance appraisals, disciplinary and grievance processes, managing trainee and apprentice details.
Compiling confidential information of our personnel in line with the GDPR policy.
The job responsibilities of the Human Resources Assistant may need to remain flexible to adapt to the overall needs of the HR team and Directors of the company.
- The role reports to the HR manager, Chair, and Managing Director and works closely with the board of directors.
E – Essential; D – Desirable
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- CIPD – foundation or Certificate level qualified (D)
- Strong written and verbal communications skills (D)
- Previous HR experience (E)
- Adaptability in learning new systems (D)
- Flexible, approachable attitude with a problem-solving mindset (D)
- Willingness to listen to the needs of individuals with empathy and understanding whilst mindful of the need to follow the Company’s processes and procedures (E)
- Good understanding of Employment law (E)
- Good understanding of ACAS. (E)
- Acquire an understanding of the requirements of International Organisation Standardisation (ISO) 9001, 14001 and 45001. Suitable training will be provided (D)
- Comprehensive understanding of how to organise required training and keep track of the training records of workers and employees (D)
- Awareness of GDPR and data security requirements (D)
- Excellent track record of building effective teams, forming positive and motivational relationships. (E)
- Ability to influence and negotiate positive outcomes with senior managers, supervisors, operatives and third parties. (E)
- Ability to keep accurate records and use a range of digital packages (Eg: Cezanne HR, Microsoft Office, Adobe) to communicate strategic and operational information. (E)
- Excellent planning and organisational skills. (E)
- To work as a team and able to do multi-tasking.
- Posting Vacancies on EWC (East West Connect) Website and other recruitment portals (LinkedIn, indeed etc), managing the applications, store them securely, forwarding it to the relevant department heads, Process the selected applications to interview it to the relevant department heads,
- Perform reference Checks for all interviewed candidates
- Processing the correct documents involved in interviews, return to work, disciplinary and grievance meetings, and performance reviews.
- Maintain and update the training records of employees, workers with relevant information on a day-to-day basis.
- Support in processing the documents for project & maintenance teams, including those based on site, to follow the HR process at each stage e.g.: Hiring, onboarding, and personnel development on the HR software Cezanne HR and on Shar point for workers.
- Going on regular monthly site visits planned with the HR Site coordinator
- Perform and support DBS checks for all employees and keep their track records
- Support the HR Manager on an ad-hoc basis.
- Build and maintain relationships with Stakeholders
- Manage the effective operation of the IMS on a day-to-day basis.
- To always represent the company in a positive and professional way.
- To always uphold all the values of the company.
- To attend company staff meetings.
- To attend company H&S meetings.
- To attend team meetings and any other meetings