- Salary:£32-£35k (DoE)
- Start Date: Immediate
- Working Hours:Mon – Fri, 8am – 5pm
- Line Manager:Nisha Patel
- Probation Period: 3 months
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- Avensure Zest for Health & Wellbeing
- Pension Scheme
- Eye Care Vouchers
This policy applies to all employment practices within the organisation, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training and apprenticeship. East West Connect makes hiring decisions based on qualifications, merit and business needs at the time.
- We pride ourselves in taking a warm and friendly approach to our contracts and Personnel. For over 35 years we have built a track record of client satisfaction and successful projects in some of the most prestigious and complex buildings in London. We have built a long-term relationship with one of the most high-profile housing associations in London as well as the home counties and have a very strong maintenance presence across the area.
- We look for people who have the right attitude and approach to work and can adapt well to our way of working. We expect our people to fulfil their roles in a flexible, proactive, and problem-solving manner. This will mean from time to time asking them to carry out different or additional roles in order to maintain the flexibility and needs of our HR department. We strive to provide that support to our individuals and workers.
- Our job descriptions are used in conjunction with the over-arching HSE-PR-14 – Health & Safety Roles and Responsibilities document, which adds more detail to explain our expectations.
The role involves handling and processing the documents in the recruitment process, induction processes, training & development, performance appraisals, disciplinary and grievance processes, and managing trainee and apprentice details.
Compiling confidential information of our personnel in line with the GDPR policy.
The job responsibilities of the Human Resources Advisor may differ and will need to remain flexible to adapt to the overall needs of the HR team and Directors of the company
- The role reports to the HR manager, Chair, and Managing Director and works closely with the board of directors.
- There will also be supervisory responsibilities for a range of roles, shown in green above, that contribute to the overall compliance and external accreditation requirements for the company which include:
- Contracts/Project Managers – Fire door inspection, fire stopping installation and fire door installation (Bluesky);
- Contracts/Project Managers – Active Fire Protection (IFC);
- Contracts/Project Managers – Gas Safe; and
- Contracts/Project Managers – Electronic security systems, NACOSS Gold Scheme (NSI).
- Office Manager/HR Manager – Workforce competency, through training and development matrix held in IMS.
The purpose of this supervision is to ensure all record keeping, audit and inspection requirements are maintained. No technical input is required.
E – Essential; D – Desirable
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- CIPD – foundation or Certificate level qualified (E)
- Strong written and verbal communications skills (D)
- Previous HR experience (E)
- Adaptability in learning new systems (D)
- Flexible, approachable attitude with a problem-solving mindset (D)
- Willingness to listen to the needs of individuals with empathy and understanding whilst mindful of the need to follow the Company’s processes and procedures(E)
- Good understanding of Employment law (E)
- Good understanding of ACAS. (E)
- Acquire an understanding of the requirements of International Organisation Standardisation (ISO) 9001, 14001, and 45001. Suitable training will be provided (D)
- Comprehensive understanding of how to organise required training and keep track of the training records of workers and employees (D)
- Awareness of GDPR and data security requirements (D)
- Excellent track record of building effective teams, and forming positive and motivational relationships. (E)
- Ability to influence and negotiate positive outcomes with senior managers, supervisors, operatives, and third parties. (E)
- Ability to maintain accurate records and use a range of digital packages (Eg: Cezanne HR, Ms Office, Adobe) to communicate strategic and operational information. (E)
- Excellent planning and organisational skills. (E)
- Provide support to the HR Manager when requested, after successful probation.
- To work as a team and able to do multitasking.
- Support project & maintenance teams, including those based at the site, to comply with the HR process at each stage e.g.: Hiring, onboarding, personnel development, etc.
- Manage the effective operation of the IMS on a day-to-day basis.
- Attending interviews, return to work, disciplinary and grievance meetings and performance reviews.
- Maintain and update the records of employees, workers with relevant information on a day-to-day basis.
- Generate absence reports (all types), performance reports, and training reports as and when required by the senior management.
- To always represent the company in a positive and professional way.
- To always uphold all the values of the company.
- To organise and attend staff-appraisal meetings.
- To attend company staff meetings.
- To attend company H&S meetings.
- To attend team meetings and any other meetings.