- Salary: DOE
- Start Date: Immediate
- Working Hours:
Mon – Fri, 8am – 5pm
- Line Manager: Paul McElwaine
- Probation Period: 3 months
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- Avensure Zest for Health & Wellbeing
- Pension Scheme
- Eye Care Vouchers
East West Connect Ltd is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on age, race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristics.
This policy applies to all employment practices within the organisation, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training and apprenticeship. East West Connect makes hiring decisions based on qualifications, merit and business needs at the time.
We have an excellent opportunity for a Fire Stopper to join an expanding team of maintenance electricians here at East West Connect Limited.
Works will consist of general Fire Stopping Installation in line with industry standards and manufacturers detail as part of a Fire Risk Assessment Remedial Repairs program. Substantial amount of works to be carried out for existing occupied social housing properties and commercial sites. A good understanding of building substrates & material used in construction is essential.
Be prepared to use a mobile phone app as part of your daily activity to assist the back office through the installation process on site for invoicing purposes.
- Full clean UK driving licence required with minimum driving experience of one year, as well as your own tools.
- NVQ Level Qualified in Fire Stopping
- Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
- Enhanced DBS Check and Security checks will be required for this role
- Previous experience of working to an employer’s policies and processes and safe systems of work.
- Knowledge of the current legislation and good practice across the industry and identification of any areas where additional or updated training would be beneficial.
- Understanding of the H&S at works act 1974, current H&S legislation applicable to construction and all relevant projects.
- Have an understanding of social housing and the needs of clients and tenants alike.
- Be prepared to attend training courses laid on by the employer to further extend your knowledge of the type of works being undertaken.
- Participate in continued personal development programs to facilitate the growth of EWC as a business
- Preferably previously registered under a third party certification scheme.
- CSCS Skills card
- Willingness and commitment to enhance knowledge and qualifications in relevant subjects
- Presentation and communication, in particular able in the use of the English language for verbal and written communication.
- A developed ability to assess site conditions from a physical inspection and interpretation of surveys by colleagues or line managers.
- An ability to read and understand scope of works, especially specifications, drawings and terms & conditions and to be able to read, understand and sign off job specific risk assessments and method statements.
- Able to plan and organise the work necessary to achieve the project requirements and key milestones.
- To complete all works issued via an office based contract management system in the timeframes detailed.
- To ensure all works are carried out to the expected standards advised by your line manager.
- To be able to work in a neat and tidy manner at all times and comply with company H & S Policies.
- Find the best engineering solution to allow maximum benefit to the project within the remits of the specification and standards.
- To represent the company in a respectful manner as the nature of works will have you mixing with clients and tenants on a regular basis.