- Salary: (DoE)
- Start Date: Immediate
- Working Hours: Mon – Fri, 8am – 5pm
- Line Manager:Paul McElwaine
- Probation Period: 3 months
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- Avensure Zest for Health & Wellbeing
- Pension Scheme
- Eye Care Vouchers
East West Connect Ltd is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on age, race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristics.
This policy applies to all employment practices within the organisation, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training and apprenticeship. East West Connect makes hiring decisions based on qualifications, merit and business needs at the time.
We have an excellent opportunity for a highly talented Domestic & Commercial Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Service Engineer to join us here at East West Connect Limited.
The purpose of the role is to:
- To carry out planned preventative maintenance, reactive callouts and minor projects on all associated equipment, general fault finding and repairs to assets and services
- To maintain up to date records of all work carried out on plant and equipment within the site manuals both hard copy files and electronically
- To participate within an out of normal working hours emergency call out rota and be flexible outside of core working hours
- To maintain effective working relationships with colleague’s clients, customers and work as part of the EWC Team
- To deal courteously with clients, customers and the general public to maintain and enhance the reputation of EWC
- To continually demonstrate an understanding and commitment to customer care
- To ensure clear communication with customers, line management and office support staff
Skills and Knowledge
- Must have completed a recognised apprenticeship and or City and Guilds Level 1 Diploma and City and Guilds Level 2 in Refrigeration, Air Conditioning and Heat Pumps Systems
- Full driving licence that enables the person to drive in the UK
- Current CSCS Card
- Enhanced DBS clearance or be willing to undertake this.
- Qualifications or experience of commercial and domestic heating systems.
- Experience of commercial and domestic pipefitting.
- Fault finding, rectification, planned maintenance of split systems, multi systems and VRV systems. service chillers, pumps and all associated chilled water pipework, air handling units, ventilation systems, VRV, VRF, multi and split type air conditioning units, stand-alone/close control units, dry air coolers controls & panels.
- Sound knowledge of Health and Safety Legislation, Safe Systems of Work and contingency planning
- Ability to interpret from drawings, instructions and specifications
- Good communicator, verbally and written, and have a good level of computer literacy and working knowledge of IT systems and packages that include MSN Office, Outlook & Internet Explorer.
- Self-motivated with the ability to make decisions and resolve problems within clearly defined parameters.
- Planning and undertaking scheduled maintenance
- Responding to breakdowns
- Diagnosing faults
- Repairing equipment
- Supervising engineering apprentices
- Obtaining specialist components, fixtures or fittings
- Maintaining accurate records
- Ensuring compliance with company/health and safety legislation
- Creating maintenance procedures
- Managing van stocks of supplies and equipment
- Out of Hours Rota ‘on-call’ work