- Salary: DOE
- Start Date: Immediate
- Working Hours:
Mon – Fri, 8am – 5pm
- Line Manager: Mark Lapthorn
- Probation Period: 3 months
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- Avensure Zest for Health & Wellbeing
- Pension Scheme
- Eye Care Vouchers
East West Connect Ltd is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on age, race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristics.
This policy applies to all employment practices within the organisation, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training and apprenticeship. East West Connect makes hiring decisions based on qualifications, merit and business needs at the time.
Are you looking for a new opportunity? Would you enjoy working with a great team? Then this role may be for you!
This person will bring enthusiasm to process, sharing their knowledge and contributing to improving the system and process.
This person will be a professional point of contact for the project regarding all document control matters.
To set up and manage a thorough document and information system for the project. To oversee the large number of documents received daily, ensuring that all drawings are organized and distributed promptly. To continuously priorities documents by maintaining an awareness of project progress at all times. Creating customized reports for the Project Team and Design Team is also a key factor of the Document Controller role to ensure smooth communication and to minimise Designers response time.
- Manage and maintain the project on Aconex throughout its life cycle, ensuring protocols are adhered to.
- Ensure all relevant parties publish the relevant documents to Aconex and provide assistance to external parties, maintain awareness of project team members, trade contractors, and professional partners, establish from outset a close relationship with the Contracts Manager, Project Manager, and office manager to ensure the smooth running of the system
- Ensure that an effective internal and external review loop is maintained so that all documents are properly reviewed by the Project Team and Client Team.
- Provide accurate and timely information and reports regarding the status of all drawings / O&M manuals/samples/method statements/risk assessments.
- The typing, distribution, and filing of all project-related correspondence for the project team, ensure that all relevant information is issued to the relevant trades and consultants.
- Be able to log, distribute promptly and keep updated various instructions from consultants, clients, and project managers.
- Manage the approval and printing of O&M manuals if required, archiving of project documentation.
- Manage any other ad-hoc & admin duties on site.
- To assist with security applications for all members of the team
- Experience in working in the construction industry.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Adaptability in learning new systems.
- Flexible attitude.
- Willingness for travel to the site.
- Knowledge of the EWC employee’s handbook, EWC policies, and processes, and EWC ISO system of works.
- Knowledge of EWC and our values and services.
- Knowledge of general office and document management.
- Good Telephone manner
- IT including spread-sheet software, word and presentation software, programming software and general software.
- Presentation and communication, in particular able in the use of the English language for verbal and written communication.
- Manage the general MEP department administration requirements in an ecumenical manner to ensure the optimum result in the time available
- Structured and organised approach to document control.
- Implement and comply with EWC policies, and procedures, as generally set down by the ISO system of work, including business management systems, HR, IT, health and safety, environmental, communications and branding.
- To implement and where lacking develop and comply with EWC policies and procedures including quality, health and safety and environmental, supply chain management, business management system, and sales and marketing.
- To manage and implement procedures covering H&S to achieve the high standards required within the correct timeframe.
- To implement all works set out within the scope part of this document.
- To general assist in the smooth coordinated running of the site office and team to ensure all documentation is managed both inward and outwardly in a professional consistent manor..
- To attend Site meetings Monday to Friday as required.
- To attend company H&S meetings.
- To attend team meetings and any other meetings as required