- Salary: DOE
- Start Date: Immediate
- Working Hours:
Mon – Fri, 8am – 5pm
- Line Manager:Marcus Allen
- Probation Period: 6 months
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- Avensure Zest for Health & Wellbeing
- Pension Scheme
- Eye Care Vouchers
East West Connect Ltd is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on age, race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristics.
This policy applies to all employment practices within the organisation, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training and apprenticeship. East West Connect makes hiring decisions based on qualifications, merit and business needs at the time.
- We pride ourselves in taking a warm and friendly approach to our contracts and projects. For over 33 years we have built a track record of client satisfaction and successful projects in some of the most prestigious and complex buildings in London. We have built a long-term relationship with one of the most high-profile housing associations in London and the home counties, and have a very strong maintenance presence across the area.
- Our work involves mechanical, electrical, and public health installation and maintenance across residential and commercial properties. We have a particularly strong track record in plant and system upgrades within public spaces where 24/7/365 non-disrupted operations need to take place.
- We look for people who have the right attitude and approach to work and can adapt well to our way of working. We expect our people to fulfill their roles in a flexible, proactive, and problem-solving manner. This will mean from time to time asking them to carry out different or additional roles in order to maintain the flexibility and needs we have or the needs of particular clients, consultants, and projects.
- We operate a comprehensive Integrated Management System or IMS which enables us to achieve external accreditation on ISO 9001, 14001, and 45001. Our job descriptions are used in conjunction with the over-arching HSE-PR-14 – Health & Safety Roles and Responsibilities document, which adds more detail to explain our expectations.
The role is the lead position to deliver our compliance agenda which ranges across quality, safety, health, and environment objectives. This is articulated through our 5-year QSHE strategy (owned by this postholder) which is set and approved by the Directors and Shareholders, in line with our aspirations stated in the business plan. Evidence of a positive safety culture is a fundamental success factor for this post.
As the principal advisor to the Directors and shareholders on QSHE matters, there will be a priority to coordinate the activities of all employee’s compliance duties and oversee the translation of strategy into a comprehensive set of objectives with a strong focus on delivery.
We believe in the importance of our people, their knowledge, competency, and approach toward compliance. This role must encourage, motivate and support them to maximize their potential.
- The role reports to the Chair, and Managing Director and works closely with the board of directors.
- This role carries direct management responsibility for the QSHE and Compliance Team, currently as follows:
- There will also be supervisory responsibilities for a range of roles, shown in green above, that contribute to the overall compliance and external accreditation requirements for the company which include:
- Contracts/Project Managers – Fire door inspection, fire stopping installation and fire door installation (Bluesky);
- Contracts/Project Managers – Active Fire Protection (IFC);
- Contracts/Project Managers – Gas Safe; and
- Contracts/Project Managers – Electronic security systems, NACOSS Gold Scheme (NSI).
- Office Manager/HR Manager – Workforce competency, through training and development matrix held in IMS.
The purpose of this supervision is to ensure all record keeping, audit and inspection requirements are maintained. No technical input is required.
Qualifications & Experience
E – Essential; D – Desirable
- Extensive experience in supporting and advising Board and senior management on audit, risk, and governance matters gained within a regulated environment. (E)
- Full understanding of governance systems and structures including auditing, risk management, and investigations in the construction industry or similar. (E)
- Proven experience in the design and delivery of quality management systems and third-party accreditations. (E)
- Experience and understanding of complex investigations, including working with government agencies e.g. the Health and Safety Executive. (E)
- Accredited by a recognised industry body e.g. IOSH to at least Graduate Level with full CPD records. (E)
- Lead Auditor qualifications relevant to 9001, 14001, and/or 45001 standards. (E)
- Postgraduate qualifications in an environmental or business-related field e.g. Environmental law or management. (E)
- Previous experience of fleet management. (E)
- Solid understanding of Health, Safety, and Environmental regulations, monitoring and reporting. (E)
- Strong understanding of governance and compliance issues within a complex organisation. (E)
- An up-to-date understanding of regulatory requirements in the construction industry. (E)
- Detailed understanding of the requirements of ISO 9001, 14001, and 45001. (E)
- Comprehensive understanding of how to deliver effective training to a range of audiences. (E)
- Knowledge of BS7671 and the role of NICEIC in conducting assessments. (E)
- Understanding of how to implement sustainability strategies in small to medium-sized businesses. (D)
- Understanding of how to implement workforce planning e.g. skills and competency matrices across multiple professions and how to shape recruitment policy in conjunction with human resources professionals. (D)
- Awareness of GDPR and data security requirements and how to design and implement relevant policies/procedures. (D)
- Excellent levels of verbal and written communication skills. (E)
- Excellent track record of building effective teams, and forming positive and motivational relationships. (E)
- Ability to influence and negotiate positive outcomes with senior managers, supervisors, operatives, and third parties. (E)
- Excellent research and reporting skills, able to analyse complex information and present it in an accessible way. (E)
- Ability to maintain accurate records and use a range of digital packages to communicate strategic and operational information. (E)
- Excellent planning and organisational skills. (E)
- Oversee the effective operation of the Integrated Management System (IMS).
- Ensure the company meets all accreditation requirements as requested by the Managing Director and/or Shareholders.
- Manage the governance and risk processes across all areas of business operations.
- Advise on all areas of legal and statutory reporting e.g. health, safety, and environmental legislation, and liaise with other legal professionals on matters such as contracts and company law to ensure effective risk management.
- Ensure accurate and timely reports are provided to the Directors, Managing Director, and Shareholders detailing all elements of performance within the scope of the role.
- Produce strategic documents which align with the demands of the 5-year business plan.
- To oversee all investigations required in the business.
- To audit and evidence company practices, delivering continuous improvement across the compliance functions.
- Act as a champion of compliance, reinforce health, safety, and welfare at all times and support colleagues across the business to meet the standards expected.
- To represent the company in a positive and professional way at all times.
- To uphold all the values of the company at all times.