- Salary: DOE
- Start Date: Immediate
- Working Hours:
Mon – Fri, 8am – 5pm
- Line Manager: Paul McElwaine
- Probation Period: 3 months
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- Avensure Zest for Health & Wellbeing
- Pension Scheme
- Eye Care Vouchers
East West Connect Ltd is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on age, race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristics.
This policy applies to all employment practices within the organisation, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training and apprenticeship. East West Connect makes hiring decisions based on qualifications, merit and business needs at the time.
We have exciting opportunities for enthusiastic people to join our Team. Here you will learn from the industry’s best, managing costs on various construction projects. You would be joining a business, who are continuously bringing on new, interesting contracts and have a friendly ethos throughout the team. The applicant must have great communication skills and be a reliable team player. The applicant will need to be well presented and courteous as they will be working in some very prestigious establishments.
Working as part of a team of experienced and qualified engineers and skilled operatives you will assist with all tasks relating to installing, maintaining a testing and inspection, maintaining and repairing a variety of systems.
- Good verbal, written and electronic communication skills.
- Ability to apply basic problem-solving skills to a variety of situations.
- Ability to develop good level of understanding of all maintenance disciplines.
- To work reliably and effectively without close supervision.
- Accepts responsibility for own work.
- Ability to learn from others.
- Willingness to ask questions.
- Willingness to visit other sites and projects and spend time away from home.
- Excellent timekeeping and organised.
- Undertake NVQ training to relevant skills level.
- Attend college in accordance with training regime.
- Submit portfolio to the College to support NVQ submission.
- To undertake site based training to allow development.
- To undertake activities as instructed by the supervision technician, mentor or management team.
- Work with the QSHE Advisor to develop strong QSHE skills.
- To support members of the operational team in undertaking their works as required.
- Work as part of the Apprentices scheme to develop self and others.
- Regularly communicate with site mentor and sponsoring manager.
- Be aware of the Environmental, Health & Safety and Business Continuity Plan for the part of the business you work in.