We ask that you read this privacy notice carefully as it contains important information on who we are, how and why we collect, store, use and share personal information, your rights in relation to your personal information and on how to contact us and supervisory authorities in the event you have a complaint.
Who we are
East West Connect Ltd collects, uses and is responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation which applies across the European Union (including in the United Kingdom) and we are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
The personal information we collect and use
Information collected by us
In the course of maintenance and project work as well as employment we collect the following personal information when you provide it to us:
- Name, address and contact details
- Any relevant information to facilitate our considerate delivery of our requested task
- Relevant information necessary for employment / undertaking your role (eg HMRC details, driving license, residential status confirmation)
Information collected from other sources
We also obtain personal information from other sources as follows:
- Employment consultants / agencies
How we use your personal information
We use your personal information to:
- Make arrangements to complete works for the client and or tenants
- Provide ongoing employment
Who we share your personal information with
We routinely share relevant personal data name, contact details and delivery address details with subcontractors. This data sharing enables our subcontractors to complete required works.
We will share personal information with law enforcement or other authorities if required by applicable law.
We will not share your personal information with any other third party.
How long your personal information will be kept
- We will hold data (name, address and contact details) for as long as we remain contracted to provide maintenance on the property in question as well as information by applicable UK tax law.
- Whilst in our employment as well as meeting subsequent statutory requirements.
Reasons we can collect and use your personal information
We rely on meeting our legal, regulatory and Contractual obligations as the lawful basis on which we collect and use your personal data.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information
- access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
- require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individual’s rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- email, call or write to Michelle Hanlon our Data Protection administrator firstname.lastname@example.org , 020 8208 4184 or C/o Eastwest Perivale office
- let us have enough information to identify you ,
- let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and
- let us know the information to which your request relates [, including any account or reference numbers, if you have them]
Keeping your personal information secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
How to complain
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephone: [0303 123 1113].
Changes to this privacy notice
This privacy notice was published on 1st May 2018 and last updated on 5th July 2018.
We may change this privacy notice from time to time, when we do we will inform you via our company westsite.
How to contact us
Please contact our Data Protection Officer, if you have any questions about this privacy notice or the information we hold about you.
If you wish to contact our Data Protection administrator, please send an email to email@example.com , write C/O East West Connect Perivale office or call 020 8208 4184