This policy applies to all employment practices within the organisation, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training and apprenticeship. East West Connect makes hiring decisions based on qualifications, merit and business needs at the time.
Calling all Sales Managers, Business Development Managers!!!
Is growing and developing business your passion?
If this sounds like you, then please read on…..
The primary focus will be to generate and close business in a very buoyant market. The aim will be to expand existing business and generate new business in and around London.
- To actively promoted the best Health and Safety practices from conception to completion of all projects.
- To manage the estimation and pre-construction department in its entirety for EWC Building services division, including coordination and liaison with the other department to provide the common central point.
- To develop this department with the intention, of gentle, sustainable growth of the estimation team and resource, implement the use of the estimation computer package, build a library of usable pre-construction information that can be used in future tenders. This is to include key documents like case studies, CV’s, Value engineering suggestions driven by the market with associated case studies and costings, generic and specific programmes and methodologies.
- Prepare from cradle to grave, settle and submit tenders as agreed with the Board of Directors and Chairwoman as required.
- Gaining new work for EWC; organisation and preparation of proposals including tenders for projects; client, consultant, and 3rd party liaison in connection with new work and proposals; negotiation with clients and consultants; negotiation with subcontractors and suppliers;
- Liaison with and direction of EWC staff (as appropriate) in connection with pre-construction and estimating.
- To help develop processes and procedures to ensure quality, compliance, and best practice across the business in a manner that promotes agility and proactive thinking while not stifling or introducing unnecessary complexity or procrastination.
- Work closely with all departments to develop understanding and support of the Varying software applications including CAFM, ISO structure, Job logic, and SFG20. To promote and utilise in the tenders and sales documentation and creation of maintenance-based literature
- General duties with respect to pre-construction and estimating.
- To carry out surveys, site visits, client visits and generally progress the business toward securing more works that are suitable to the existing work streams in addition to developing new streams with a clear plan in place to ensure effectiveness.
- Develop a suitable supply chain to provide and compliment the above liaising with all delivery elements of the business to assure alignment with both estimating and delivery.
- To develop targets set out and agreed in the management meetings and business plan to bring new and maintain existing business to aim for targeted works to maximise works secured and minimise works estimated to try and ensure present 1:3 hit rate is maintained whilst growing the business.
- Work with the board of directors and chairperson to coordinate, attend as required, identify new and inspiring ideas for clients functions to promote the business.
- Build a team to secure the right works load with the interactions of the board and chairperson of the workload required in line with the business plan across all disciplines.
- Extensive knowledge of mechanical, electrical general building, fitting out, estimating and pre-construction management, a good grasp of commercial management, contract and construction management and technical services, a practical knowledge of safe methods of working.
- Understanding of the estimation process, margins, overhead and profit to be afforded.
- Knowledge of market sectors aligned to EWC and trends and opportunities arising.
- Knowledge of all preconstruction and estimations software’s i.e. estimation, Ind design, Microsoft Office suites, sales force, or equivalent.
- Analytical estimating, organisation and pre-construction management, supply chain management,
- IT, including spread-sheet software, presentation software, programming software, and general software to allow bid documents to be created.
- Presentation and communication, in particular, able to use the English language for verbal and written communication.
- A developed ability to assess site conditions from a physical inspection and interpretation of intrusive surveys and non-intrusive surveys.
- Ability to prepare quantities and familiar with the standard methods of measurement.
- An ability to read and understand tender documents especially specifications, drawings, and Terms & Conditions.
- To be able to read and understand quotations, resolving any conditions or qualifications contained therein. To be able to read and understand tender documentation (correspondence, drawings, specifications, etc) either in a paper or electronic version, including action as required.
- Able to plan and organise the work necessary to provide the cost estimate by the due date. Manage a team to achieve the optimum result in the time available.
- To document, in a neat and meticulous manner, tender costs, outputs, and associated information arising from the preparation of the tender.
- To manage time and quality to ensure the correct standard of documentation and tenders are issued every time.
- Implement and comply EWC policies and procedures including business management systems, HR, IT, health and safety, environmental, communications, and branding.
- To implement and where lacking develop and comply with EWC policies and procedures including quality, health and safety and environmental, supply chain management, business management system, and sales and marketing.
- To manage and implement procedures covering Tender Review, Estimating, Procurement, Tender Settlement, Tender Submission, Post Tender Interview, Estimate Handover, Project Start-up Review, Health & Safety, Document Control, and Project Completion Review.
- To ensure the best prime cost and a suitable market angle to help secure the works and potentially find costs reduction or time improvement are achieved on all tenders.
- To investigate sales opportunities and to actively pursue further work opportunities.
- To review all proposed contracts and ensure that they are not overly onerous and any non-standard clauses are identified and agreed with all parties before the contract is signed up to.
- Checking, maintaining, and controlling the Client’s enquiry documents.
- Preparing subcontract and materials enquiries and review of the subsequent quotations.
- Preparing an accurate cost estimate in an elemental and analytical format for the indirect resources required to carry out the works in accordance with the agreed programme and engineering requirements.
- Preparing and presenting the commercial aspects of the tender to the fellow directors for adjudication and approval and for submission to the Client.
- To be involved as necessary in business development, Prequalification Submissions, commercial management, construction management, and technical services activities.
- Supervise and manage any estimating and other staff as directed and to develop and train other staff as required.
- Identify and develop new business opportunities in an informed and coherent manor with the other directors.
- Manage business development events and marketing events in line with the business plan, management meetings and sales meetings.
- To organise and chair 2 weekly sales meetings.
- To prepare and attend pre-bid and interim bid meetings as required to ensure suitable support and record via minutes,
- To conduct and attend client meetings as required and record via minutes/ File notes.
- To conduct and attend handover meetings for all tenders and record via minutes/ File notes.
- To conduct and attend post-contract review meetings and record via minutes/ File notes.
- To conduct and attend appraisal meetings with subordinates where required.
- To attend and prepare overview reports for all monthly management meetings.
- To attend company staff meetings.
- To attend company H&S meetings.
- To attend team meetings.
How To Apply
Click here to apply. Please send a cover letter and CV, quoting job reference EWC-JD-082.
Please use the job reference in any further correspondence.
Contract Type: Full Time
Contract Duration: Permanent
Salary: Dependent On Experience
Start Date: Immediate
Job Reference: EWC-JD-082
Working Hours: Mon – Fri, 8 am – 5 pm
Probation Period: 6 months
Line Manager: Marcus Allen
Cycle To Work Scheme
Avensure Zest for Health & Wellbeing
Eye Care Vouchers