Electrical project manager
East West Connect ltd is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on age, race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristics.
This policy applies to all employment practices within the organisation, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training and apprenticeship. East West Connect makes hiring decisions based on qualifications, merit and business needs at the time.
Are you a Qualified & Experienced Electrician with managerial skills?
We have a great opportunity available for you at East West Connect Limited for an immediate start.
The Electrical Project manager in demand will manage a team of 10-15 fully trained electricians. Responsibilities will include promoting the best Health & Safety practices from conception to completion of works.
The project manager will report directly to the contracts manager, Assistant Director of Maintenance & Maintenance Director.
- Actively promote the best Health and Safety practices from conception to completion of all works.
- To manage the planning, programming, procurement, and day-to-day operation of the domestic electrical testing programme. This will be from commencement and subsequent development of all documents both financial and operational in accordance with the identified process, including coordination and liaison with the other departmental teams, clients, subcontractors, and supply chain to facilitate the successful delivery of the project.
- To ensure that risk is controlled and/or reduced and uncertainty minimized for each project and update and monitor the risk register.
- To review all methodologies for works both directly issued and by subcontractor specialist trades and ensure they are suitable for the works and ensure the works are carried out safely.
- To develop the programme of works and present information including KPIs with targeted figures to ensure completion of all identified jobs.
- Ensure all compliance certification is correct and issued in accordance with the governing body (NICEIC) regulations and EWC standards and processes.
- Ensure works are correctly allocated to engineers and monitor, review, and improve standards.
- Act as point of contact for client and customer feedback and provide solutions for any potential access or working problems.
- Manage all subordinates, i.e. Test engineers, supervisors, labour, subcontractors, and suppliers to achieve the requirements of the project.
- Assist in promoting East West Connect (EWC) organisation by understanding its goals and objectives and actively and professionally promoting them to all clients and customers.
- Liaison with office staff and direction of EWC staff (as appropriate).
- Help develop a suitable supply and subcontract chain to provide and compliment the above, including analysis of their performance.
- Extensive knowledge of electrical building services BS7671:2018 including electrical testing, inspection, verification, and compliance. A good understanding of commercial management, contract and construction management, and technical services, practical knowledge of safe methods of working.
- Knowledge of the EWC employee’s handbook, EWC policies, processes, and EWC ISO system of works.
- Good knowledge of a wide range of domestic housing electrical installation methods and remedial repair requirements including current legislation and guidance.
- Understanding of the H&S at works act, current H&S legislation applicable to the construction, and the project involved with Electrical testing.
- City & Guilds Level 3 in the requirements of electrical installation.
- City & Guilds 2391 or equivalent.
- SMSTS/CSCS Managers Card.
- Extensive working knowledge of NAPPIT Fast test or equivalent certification software.
- Experience and understanding of social housing and/or local authority practices.
- Full electrical building services knowledge and understanding of the installation sequence, timing, legislation, and general practicalities of installing and managing these services.
- Full knowledge of Electrical testing and inspection including producing certificates and understanding of the associated construction trades that go with this to facilitate review of the process, programming, and builder work requirements.
- Ability to act as Company NICEIC Electrical Qualifying Supervisor including all associated duties and responsibilities.
- Analytical skills to review and monitor KPIs and progress documents.
- IT includes spreadsheet software, word and presentation software, programming software, and general software to allow project delivery.
- Presentation and communication, in particular, able to use the English language for verbal and written communication.
- A developed ability to assess site conditions from a physical inspection and interpretation of intrusive and non-intrusive surveys.
- An ability to read and understand related documents especially correspondence, specifications, drawings, and ACM management reports including action as required.
- Able to plan and organise the work necessary to achieve the project requirements and key milestones.
- Lead and work within a project team to achieve determined targets and achievements by implementing SMART goals.
- Lead a team of engineers and ensure their continued development through coaching and mentoring.
- To document and report the project and all inputs and outputs and associated information arising from it and present it to the EWC and/or client representative on a weekly or as required basis.
- Implement and monitor EWC policies, procedures, as generally set down by the ISO system of work, including business management systems, HR, IT, health and safety, environmental, communications, and branding.
- To implement and where lacking develop and comply with EWC policies and procedures including quality, health and safety and environmental, supply chain management, business management system, and sales and marketing.
- To supervise, manage and develop electrical operatives, ensuring works are completed to the required standard and operatives trained to the correct level.
- To manage and implement procedures covering all aspects of project delivery and H&S to achieve the high standards required within the correct timeframe.
- Find the best engineering and access solution to allow maximum benefit to the project within the remits of the specification and standards.
- To ensure best prime costs are achieved including reducing environmental impacts.
- Manage RAMS, Risk Register, Safe System of work, and all associated Health, safety & wellbeing documents including training and registers, and ensure all operatives are inducted accordingly.
- To allocate all works to engineers and ensure all appointments are completed, cost and invoiced.
- Providing customer and client focus through feedback, monitoring, and reviewing of works.
- Preparing and presenting the commercial aspects of the project on a monthly basis to your line management.
- Supervise and manage all site staff and subcontractors as required to provide an efficient and safe working environment including undertaking and reporting quality checks.
- Identify own PDP and training needs including industry improvements and innovations.
- Identify and develop new business opportunities in an informed and coherent manner with the Contract Manager.
- To attend and input to customer focus and client representation progress meetings.
How To Apply
Click here to apply. Please send a cover letter and CV, quoting job reference EWC-JD-081.
Please use the job reference in any further correspondence.
Contract Type: Full Time
Contract Duration: Permanent
Salary: Dependent On Experience
Start Date: Immediate
Job Reference: EWC-JD-080
Working Hours: Mon – Fri, 9 am – 5 pm
Probation Period: 3 months
Line Manager: Richard Eustace
Cycle To Work Scheme
Avensure Zest for Health & Wellbeing
Eye Care Vouchers