Plumbing & PIPEWORK INSTALLER
East West Connect ltd is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on age, race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristics.
This policy applies to all employment practices within the organisation, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training and apprenticeship. East West Connect makes hiring decisions based on qualifications, merit and business needs at the time.
We currently have a full-time position within the company for the right candidate as a commercial plumbing & Pipework installer. The individual must be proficient and have good knowledge in the areas of installation and rectification techniques of pipework systems.
The successful candidate will also work closely with the operations team to ensure installation targets are met and are completed to an exceptionally high standard.
- To carry out the installation of Mechanical and Domestic systems on MEP projects on all associated equipment, general fault finding, and repairs to assets and services
- To maintain up to date records of all work carried out on plant and equipment within the site manuals both hard copy files and electronically
- To participate within an out of normal working hours emergency call out rota and be flexible outside of core working hours
- To maintain effective working relationships with colleague’s clients, customers and work as part of the EWC Team
- To deal courteously with clients, customers, and the general public to maintain and enhance the reputation of EWC
- To continually demonstrate an understanding and commitment to customer care
- To ensure clear communication with customers, line management and office support staff
- Installation and rectification techniques of pipework systems
- Installation and rectification techniques of pumps and pressurisation units.
- Sound knowledge of Health and Safety Legislation, Safe Systems of Work, and contingency planning
- Ability to interpret from drawings, instructions, and specifications
- Good communicator, verbally and written, and have a good level of computer literacy and working knowledge of IT systems and packages that include MSN Office, Outlook & Internet Explorer.
- Self-motivated with the ability to make decisions and resolve problems within clearly defined parameters.
Skills & Requirements:
- Must have relevant plumbing and or mechanical qualifications
- Substantial practical experience required: – have experience in mechanical services, plumbing on domestic/industrial/commercial systems.
- A full driving licence that enables the person to drive in the UK
- Current CSCS Card
- Planning and undertaking installation and fault finding
- Diagnosing faults
- Installing equipment
- Supervising engineering apprentices
- Obtaining specialist components, fixtures, or fittings
- Maintaining accurate records
- Ensuring compliance with company/health and safety legislation
How To Apply
Click here to apply. Please send a cover letter and CV, quoting job reference EWC-JD-080.
Please use the job reference in any further correspondence.
Contract Type: Full Time
Contract Duration: Permanent
Salary: Dependent On Experience
Start Date: Immediate
Job Reference: EWC-JD-080
Working Hours: Mon – Fri, 9 am – 5 pm
Probation Period: 3 months
Line Manager: Ross Carroll
Cycle To Work Scheme
Avensure Zest for Health & Wellbeing
Eye Care Vouchers