FRA Site Supervisor
East West Connect ltd is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on age, race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristics.
This policy applies to all employment practices within the organisation, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training and apprenticeship. East West Connect makes hiring decisions based on qualifications, merit and business needs at the time.
East West Connect Limited is currently looking for a Fire Risk Assessment Site Supervisor to join our Team.
This is a permanent position with various company benefits including Company Van, Fuel card, 20 + 8 Bank holidays and much more.
To be an eligible applicant you must fulfill the below requirements
- Have a clean UK driving licence
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in Fire doors & Fire door installations.
- Knowledge of general carpentry skills
- Strong communication skills
- To carry reactive jobs
- To carry out planned maintenance works
- To carry out works associated with projects
- Ensure all works are carried out to the current approved codes of practice
- Supervising carpenters, labour and subtractors.
- Extensive knowledge of carpentry duties, especially experience with fire doors as recommended to the latest edition and all processes associated with them.
- Knowledge of the EWC employee’s handbook, EWC policies and processes and EWC ISO system of works.
- Knowledge of the current legislation and good practice across the industry and identification of any areas where additional or updated training would be beneficial.
- Understanding of the H&S at works act, current H&S legislation applicable to construction and the project involved with.
- Knowledge and experience of Fire doors, fire door installation and general carpentry skills.
- IT including Microsoft Office and presentation software, plus general software to allow project delivery.
- Presentation and communication, in particular able in the use of the English language for verbal and written communication.
- A developed ability to assess site conditions from a physical inspection and interpretation of intrusive surveys and non-intrusive surveys.
- An ability to read and understand tender documents especially specifications, drawings and terms & conditions.
- Able to plan and organise the work necessary to achieve the project requirements and key milestones.
- To Overview all return Test Sheets and ensure all appointments are covered.
- To visit all sites and ensure works are carried in to company standards.
- To Supervise on site teams and make sure all appointments are covered..
- To endure company Health and Safety policies are carried out by site staff at all times.
- To report on surveys and Reactive Jobs and give updates on a daily basis.
- Find the best engineering solution to allow maximum benefit to the project within the remits of the specification and standards.
- To attend appraisal meetings as required.
- To attend company staff meetings and Team Meetings.
- To attend company H&S meetings.
How To Apply
Click here to apply. Please send a cover letter and CV, quoting job reference EWC-JD-063.
Please use the job reference in any further correspondence.
Contract Type: Full Time
Contract Duration: Permanent
Salary: Dependent On Experience
Start Date: Immediate
Job Reference: EWC-JD-063
Working Hours: Mon – Fri, 8am – 5pm
Probation Period: 3 months
Line Manager: Paul McDermott
Cycle To Work Scheme
Avensure Zest for Health & Wellbeing
Eye Care Vouchers