East West Connect ltd is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on age, race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristics.
This policy applies to all employment practices within the organisation, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training and apprenticeship. East West Connect makes hiring decisions based on qualifications, merit and business needs at the time.
We have exciting opportunities for enthusiastic people to join our Team. Here you will learn Electrical install, maintenance and repairing systems from our experienced Engineers. You would be joining a business, who are continuously bringing on new, interesting contracts and have a friendly ethos throughout the team. The applicant must have great communication skills and be a reliable team player. The applicant will need to be well presented and courteous as they will be working in some very prestigious establishments.
Working as part of a team of experienced and qualified engineers and skilled operatives you will assist with all tasks relating to installing, maintaining and repairing electrical systems. Your apprenticeship will last for 48 months.
To undertake training via the apprenticeship route supported by the College (day release training) and on-Site (mentoring and learning on the job) to develop skills to become qualified at Engineering in Electrical Apprenticeship Level 2
- Undertake NVQ training to relevant skills level.
- Attend college in accordance with training regime.
- Submit portfolio to the College to support NVQ submission.
- To undertake site-based training to allow development.
- To undertake activities as instructed by the supervision technician, mentor or management team.
- Work with the QSHE Advisor to develop strong QSHE skills.
- To support members of the operational team in undertaking their works as required.
- Work as part of the Apprentices scheme to develop self and others.
- Regularly communicate with site mentor and sponsoring manager.
- Be aware of the Environmental, Health & Safety and Business Continuity Plan for the part of the business you work in.
Knowledge, skills & experience
1.Good verbal, written and electronic communication skills.
2. Ability to apply basic problem-solving skills to a variety of situations.
3.Ability to develop good level of understanding of all electrical disciplines.
- Positive team player with the ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to learn and develop.
- Ability to learn from others.
- Willingness to ask questions.
- Willingness to visit other sites and projects and spend time away from home.
- Excellent timekeeping and organised
How To Apply
Click here to apply. Please send a cover letter and CV, quoting job reference EWC-JD-042.
Please use the job reference in any further correspondence.
Contract Type: Full Time
Contract Duration: Permanent
Salary: Dependent On Experience
Start Date: Immediate
Job Reference: EWC-JD-042
Working Hours: Mon – Fri, 8am – 5pm
Probation Period: 3 months
Line Manager: Sam Allen
Cycle To Work Scheme
Avensure Zest for Health & Wellbeing
Eye Care Vouchers