mep pROJECT MANAGER
East West Connect ltd is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on age, race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristics.
This policy applies to all employment practices within the organisation, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training and apprenticeship. East West Connect makes hiring decisions based on qualifications, merit and business needs at the time.
East West Connect Limited is a London based Mechanical, Electrical and Maintenance Company. We offer a full service for our clients ranging from initial conception to project completion.
We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced, Mechanical Project Manager to join our team of professionals. The ideal candidate will have previous experience in construction project management, be organised, motivated, detail-focused and driven. The Mechanical Project Manager will support the Contracts Manager, working on a variety of opportunities from multi-site to stand alone contracts.
The Project Manager will be reporting to our Contracts Manager, Director of Projects, Director of Building Services, Managing Director and Chairwoman.
- To actively promote the best Health and Safety practices from conception to completion of all projects. This is to include attending and carrying our H&S training and carrying out weekly site audit reports to identify good and bad Health and Safety, environmental and quality practices and subsequent close of all issues raised.
- To manage the planning, programming, pre-construction, through to procurement and day to day operation of the project or projects assigned to them. This will be from handover from estimation and pre construction department and subsequent development of all documents both financial and operational in accordance with the ISO model and flow chart (available from server), including coordination and liaison with the other departments, clients, subcontractors and supply chain to facilitate the successful delivery of the project.
- To ensure that risk is controlled/ reduced and uncertainty minimized for each project and update and monitor the risk register.
- To review all methodologies for works both directly issued and by subcontract or specialist trades and ensure they are suitable for the works and ensure the works are carried out safely.
- To develop the tender information in to a full Contract report form (CRF) with targeted figures to maximize on the buying potential and profitability of the business, whilst generating and developing a risk register to also identify and manage any potential.
- From the above CRF to generate a full procurement/ technical submittal schedule to help in the evaluation of the project design, evaluate and develop all technical information both mechanical and electrical and all drawings and specification to provide a complaint and suitable design solution.
- Raise all required queries and request workshops to achieve a fully compliant and workable design within the remits of the CRF, tender documentation and present legislation and good practice.
- Using the standard forms and process to manage the project through is project delivery generating 2 weekly progress reports that full address the progress and any issues hindering it.
- Ensure the correct resource is allocated to the project to allow the safe, efficient and professional delivery of the project in accordance with the procedures set down. If for any reason this is not suitable allocated raise any issues with the line management.
- Develop any process, in conjunction with the office and ISO system, that is not allowing the full control and delivery of the project or implement any further ones required.
- Manage all subordinates, i.e. project engineers, quantity’s surveyors, supervisors, labour, subcontractors and suppliers to achieve the requirements of the project as detailed above.
- Assist in gaining new work for East West Connect (EWC) organisation by understanding it goals and objectives and actively and professional promoting them to all clients.
- To assist when requested by the director of building services or other directors to assist in the preparation of proposals including tenders for project Including such activities as site meeting, interviews, logistical and programming documentation and general documentation to promote understanding of new tenders
- Liaison with office staff and direction of EWC staff (as appropriate) connection with site staff relating to projects.
- Help develop suitable supply and subcontract chain to provide and compliment the above. Including analysis of their performance during the project works being overseen.
- Extensive knowledge of mechanical, electrical building services and a good understanding of their interfaces with general building works associated with them. A good grasp of commercial management, contract and construction management and technical services, a practical knowledge of safe methods of working
- Knowledge of the EWC employee’s handbook, EWC policies and processes and EWC ISO system of work
- Knowledge of the current legislation and good practice across the industry and identification of any areas where additional or updated training would be beneficial
- Understanding of the H&S at works act, current H&S legislation applicable to construction and the project involved with.
- Full mechanical and electrical building services knowledge and understanding of the installation sequence, timing, legislation and general practicalities of installing and managing these services
- A suitable knowledge and appreciation of the associated construction trades that go with this to facilitate review of process, programming and builderwork requirements.
- Analytical skills to breakdown the tender and pre construction information.
- IT including spread-sheet software, word and presentation software, programming software and general software to allow project delivery.
- Presentation and communication, in particular able in the use of the English language for verbal and written communication.
- A developed ability to assess site conditions from a physical inspection and interpretation of intrusive surveys and non-intrusive survey.
- An ability to read and understand tender documents especially specifications, drawings and terms & condition.
- To be able to read and understand quotations, resolving any conditions or qualifications contained therein. To be able to read and understand tender and construction documentation (correspondence, drawings, specifications, etc) either in a paper or electronic version, including action as required.
- Able to plan and organise the work necessary to achieve the project requirements and key milestone.
- Manage a project team to achieve the optimum result in the time available.
- To document, in a neat and meticulous manner, the project and all inputs and outputs and associated information arising from it and present it to the management on a weekly or as required basis
- Implement and comply EWC policies, procedures, as generally set down by the ISO system of work, including business management systems, HR, IT, health and safety, environmental, communications and branding.
- To implement and where lacking develop and comply with EWC policies and procedures including quality, health and safety and environmental, supply chain management, business management system and sales and marketing.
- To manage and implement procedures covering all aspects of project delivery and H&S to achieve the high standards required within the correct timeframe.
- Find the best engineering solution to allow maximum benefit to the project within the remits of the specification and standards,
- To ensure best prime cost are achieved on all project
- To investigate sales opportunities and to actively pursue further work opportunities.
- Checking, maintaining and control the Client’s enquiry and continued construction information documents.
- Preparing subcontract and materials enquiries and review of the subsequent quotations, using the ISO model review all subcontractors via the processes in place and pre order minutes to ensure the full requirements of the project and package are understood.
- Preparing and presenting the commercial aspects of the project on a monthly basis to your line management.
- Supervise and manage all site staff and subcontractors as required to provide an efficient and safe working environment.
- Identify and develop new business opportunities in an informed and coherent manor with the other director
- To organise and chair 2 weekly progress meetings with the client, and record via minutes if required or action list if client minutes.
- To organise and chair weekly H&S meetings with the site team and invite
- EWC H&S and record via minutes.
- To organise and chair 2 weekly subcontract progress meetings with all relevant subcontractors associated with the project and record via minute
- To organise and chair design review and evaluation workshops meetings with the client, and record via minute.
- To prepare and present at month CRF meeting the full financial aspects of the project, all fully updated before meeting to line management.
- To conduct and attend handover meetings for all tenders and record via minutes/ File note.
- To prepare information for and attend post contract review.
- To attend appraisal meetings as required.
- To attend company staff meeting.
- To attend company H&S meeting
- To attend team meeting
How To Apply
Click here to apply. Please send a cover letter and CV, quoting job reference EWC-JD-036.
Please use the job reference in any further correspondence.
Contract Type: Full Time
Contract Duration: Permanent
Salary: Dependent On Experience
Start Date: Immediate
Job Reference: EWC-JD-036
Working Hours: Mon – Fri, 8am – 5pm
Probation Period: 3 months
Line Manager: Ross Carroll
Cycle To Work Scheme
Avensure Zest for Health & Wellbeing
Eye Care Vouchers