East West Connect ltd is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on age, race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristics.
This policy applies to all employment practices within the organisation, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training and apprenticeship. East West Connect makes hiring decisions based on qualifications, merit and business needs at the time.
We are looking for a carpentry-based operative with a drive to work in a fast pace environment, either alone or as part of a team. Ideally, they need to have City & Guilds 1 & 2 in Carpentry & Joinery or similar approved qualifications, and a reasonable knowledge of basic dry lining installations. Previous experience in the installation of fire doors and frames would also be beneficial but not essential.
This is a full-time role working in the social housing sector of the business, therefore good customer relations skills are essential as you will have daily contact with our clients and their tenants. You will be working in a small team at present but that has the potential to expand at a fast rate.
Full clean UK driving license required, as well as your own tools. Training provided but a good understanding of client/manufacturers specifications is essential.
- To carry out general carpentry duties of a 1st & 2nd fix nature.
- To carry out small dry lining repairs and minor making good/decorations.
- Good knowledge of internal door & frame installations to manufacturer’s guidelines.
- Understanding of the principles and application of suitable material selection particularly in relation to fire protection.
- Ensure all works are carried out to the current approved codes of practice
- Have the ability to work efficiently as part of a team or as an individual depending on the task at hand.
- Be prepared to use a mobile phone app as part of your daily activity to assist the back office through the installation process on-site for invoicing purposes.
- Knowledge of the EWC employee’s handbook, EWC policies, and processes, and EWC ISO system of works.
- Knowledge of the current legislation and good practice across the industry and identification of any areas where additional or updated training would be beneficial.
- Understanding of the H&S at works act, current H&S legislation applicable to the construction, and the project involved with.
- Have an understanding of social housing and the needs of clients and tenants alike.
- Be prepared to attend training courses laid on by the employer to further extend your knowledge of the type of work being undertaken.
- Participate in continued personal development programs to facilitate the growth of EWC as a business
- Qualification in carpentry & joinery 1st & 2nd fix installations.
- Experience in fire door repairs and replacement
- Willingness and commitment to enhance knowledge and qualifications in relevant subjects
- Presentation and communication, in particular, able to use the English language for verbal and written communication.
- A developed ability to assess site conditions from a physical inspection and interpretation of surveys by colleagues or line managers.
- An ability to read and understand the scope of works, especially specifications, drawings, and terms & conditions, and to be able to read, understand and sign off job-specific risk assessments and method statements.
- Able to plan and organise the work necessary to achieve the project requirements and key milestones.
- To complete all works issued via an office-based contract management system in the timeframes detailed.
- To ensure all works are carried out to the expected standards advised by your line manager.
- To be able to work in a neat and tidy manner at all times and comply with company H & S Policies.
- Find the best engineering solution to allow maximum benefit to the project within the remits of the specification and standards.
- To represent the company in a respectful manner as the nature of work will have you mix with clients and tenants on a regular basis.
- To attend appraisal meetings as required.
- To attend company staff meetings and Team Meetings.
- To attend company H&S meetings.
How To Apply
Click here to apply. Please send a cover letter and CV, quoting job reference EWC-JD-045.
Please use the job reference in any further correspondence.
Contract Type: Full Time
Contract Duration: Permanent
Salary: Dependent On Experience
Start Date: Immediate
Job Reference: EWC-JD-045
Working Hours: Mon – Fri, 8am – 5pm
Probation Period: 3 months
Line Manager: Paul McDermott
Cycle To Work Scheme
Avensure Zest for Health & Wellbeing
Eye Care Vouchers