HEALTH AND SAFETY ADVISOR
East West Connect ltd is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on age, race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristics.
This policy applies to all employment practices within the organisation, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training and apprenticeship. East West Connect makes hiring decisions based on qualifications, merit and business needs at the time.
The HSE Advisor will be responsible for driving Health, Safety and Environmental awareness across the company.
The successful candidate will need to provide professional health, safety, and environmental advice to all company sites/ locations, in addition to the management team, ensuring that risks are effectively identified, managed, and monitored. This role is designed to add value to the company by coaching managers and employees to engage in sound HSE working practices and identifying areas of improvement within the Company and creating a sustainable positive health, safety, and environmental culture.
- NEBOSH General and/ or Construction Certificates.
- Member of IOSH (or similar) or working towards.
- Fully conversant with ISO 9001, 14001 and 45001.
- Strong practical understanding of relevant UK Health, Safety & Environmental legislation.
- Ability to lead and make decisions.
- Be a team player able to communicate at all levels within the company.
- Hold a minimum level 3 teaching/ instructional techniques qualification.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to analyse and report data effectively.
- Full clean UK driving licence required
- Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
- Enhanced DBS Check and Security checks are required for this role.
- Encouraging innovative methods of working and challenging operational practices to continually enhance and drive HSE excellence.
- Supporting the creation and delivery of strategic HSE activities.
- Supporting the delivery and revision of key site documentation.
- Responsible for frontline HSE advice across the company’s sites.
- Opening and driving a culture of safety, health, and wellbeing.
- Motivating, coaching, and encouraging all personnel in HSE matterss
- To assist in ensuring that sites operate within environmental permits and other permissions and that significant breaches and risks are brought to the company’s attention.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual company HSE reports for Directors/ senior Management.
- Manage and undertake internal audits across all areas of the company in line with the integrated management systems boundaries.
- Identifying and delivering appropriate HSE training within the company to ensure employees are competent to deliver their accountabilities.
- Conducting risk reviews and gap assessments to identify non-conformance and address areas of concern.
- Ensuring that all incidents are thoroughly investigated both internally and with other stakeholders to determine root cause, prevent recurrence and identify areas of improvement.
- Managing and handling third party and external audits, managing and responding to external stakeholders as required.
- Review, monitor, analyse and report HSE metric, objectives and targets for organisational improvement.
- Developing and implementing HSE systems and process and ensuring they are complied with.
How To Apply
Click here to apply. Please send a cover letter and CV, quoting job reference EWC-JD-066.
Please use the job reference in any further correspondence.
Contract Type: Full Time
Contract Duration: Permanent
Salary: Dependent On Experience
Start Date: Immediate
Job Reference: EWC-JD-066
Working Hours: Mon – Fri, 8am – 5pm
Probation Period: 3 months
Line Manager: Martin Apps
Cycle To Work Scheme
Avensure Zest for Health & Wellbeing
Eye Care Vouchers