East West Connect ltd is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on age, race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristics.
This policy applies to all employment practices within the organisation, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training and apprenticeship. East West Connect makes hiring decisions based on qualifications, merit and business needs at the time.
East West Connect Limited is a London based Mechanical, Electrical and Maintenance Company. We offer a full service for our clients ranging from initial conception to project completion.
Our team is looking to hire an experienced engineer to work on the design, automation, and installation of several multi-disciplinary engineering projects.
There is a clear route for career development and we are looking for someone who is keen to progress and eager to join an ambitious company.
- Degree or HNC/HND in Mechanical Engineering
- Project Management experience (min 5 years)
- SMSTS Card (Preferred)
- CSCS Skill card (Preferred)
- Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
- Enhanced DBS Check and Security checks are required for this role.
- Extensive knowledge of mechanical, electrical building services and a good understanding of their interfaces with general building works associated with them. A good grasp of commercial management, contract and construction management and technical services, a practical knowledge of safe methods of working.
- Knowledge of the EWC employee’s handbook, EWC policies and processes and EWC ISO system of works.
- Knowledge of the current legislation and good practice across the industry and identification of any areas where additional or updated training would be beneficial.
- Understanding of the H&S at works act, current H&S legislation applicable to construction and the project involved with.
- Full mechanical and electrical building services knowledge and understanding of the installation sequence, timing, legislation and general practicalities of installing and managing these services.
- A suitable knowledge and appreciation of the associated construction trades that go with this to facilitate review of process, programming and builder work requirements.
- Analytical skills to breakdown the tender and pre construction information.
- IT including spread-sheet software, word and presentation software, programming software and general software to allow project delivery.
- Presentation and communication, in particular able in the use of the English language for verbal and written communication.
- A developed ability to assess site conditions from a physical inspection and interpretation of intrusive surveys and non-intrusive surveys.
- An ability to read and understand tender documents especially specifications, drawings and terms & conditions.
- To be able to read and understand quotations, resolving any conditions or qualifications contained therein. To be able to read and understand tender and construction documentation (correspondence, drawings, specifications, etc) either in a paper or electronic version, including action as required.
- Able to plan and organise the work necessary to achieve the project requirements and key milestones.
- Manage a project team to achieve the optimum result in the time available.
- To document, in a neat and meticulous manner, the project and all inputs and outputs and associated information arising from it and present it to the management on a weekly or as required basis.
How To Apply
Click here to apply. Please send a cover letter and CV, quoting job reference EWC-JD-036.
Please use the job reference in any further correspondence.
Contract Type: Full Time
Contract Duration: Permanent
Salary: Dependent On Experience
Start Date: Immediate
Job Reference: EWC-JD-036
Working Hours: Mon – Fri, 8am – 5pm
Probation Period: 3 months
Line Manager: Ross Carroll
Cycle To Work Scheme
Avensure Zest for Health & Wellbeing
Eye Care Vouchers