Electrical Site Supervisor
East West Connect ltd is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on age, race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristics.
This policy applies to all employment practices within the organisation, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training and apprenticeship. East West Connect makes hiring decisions based on qualifications, merit and business needs at the time.
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced electrical site supervisor with strong managerial experience to lead a variety of projects across the UK. The electrical site manager must have experience in a similar position, experience running projects on site, leading engineers and tool box talks, stock management, procurement, compliance, and be responsible for health and safety.
- NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in Electrical installations with a minimum of 3 year experience.
- City & Guilds 18th Edition
- SMSTS Card
- ECS Skill card
- Full clean UK driving licence required
- Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
- Enhanced DBS Check and Security checks are required for this role.
- Supervise all operational activity of EWC Operatives and Sub-contractors ensuring adherence to all Company policies, procedures, and practices.
2. To ensure company Health and Safety policies are carried out by site staff at all times.
3. Preparation, delivery, review and adherence of Method Statements and Risk & Assessments
4. Manage and deliver the Daily Safe Starts, maintain Site Diary Logs and End of Shift Safety checks.
5. To ensure company Health and Safety policies are carried out by site staff at all times.
6. Organising and co-ordinating site resources to optimise the effectiveness on site.
7. Management of Programme activities with Project team and Sub-Contractors
8. Assist in the production of Project Progress Reports
9. To Overview all return quality control sheets and manage the snagging process through to close out
10. Find the best engineering solution to allow maximum benefit to the project within the remits of the specification and standards.
- Extensive knowledge of the Electrical Installation BS7671:2018 18th Edition Wiring Regs
2. Preferably have knowledge of the Electrical Requirement for Electrical Inspection, Testing & Verification
3. Extensive knowledge of site Health and Safety, the company policies and procedures and associated forms and documents.
4. Knowledge of the EWC employee’s handbook, EWC policies and processes and EWC ISO system of works.
5. Knowledge of the current legislation and good practice across the industry and identification of any areas where additional or updated training would be beneficial.
6. Understanding of the H&S at works act, current H&S legislation applicable to construction and the project involved with.
7. IT including spread-sheet software, word and presentation software, programming software and general software to allow project delivery.
8. Presentation and communication, in particular able in the use of the English language for verbal and written communication.
9. A developed ability to assess site conditions from a physical inspection and interpretation of intrusive surveys and non-intrusive surveys.
10. An ability to read and understand tender documents especially specifications, drawings and terms & conditions.
11. Able to plan and organise the work necessary to achieve the project requirements and key milestones.
How To Apply
Click here to apply. Please send a cover letter and CV, quoting job reference EWC-JD-062.
Please use the job reference in any further correspondence.
Contract Type: Full Time
Contract Duration: Permanent
Salary: Dependent On Experience
Start Date: Immediate
Job Reference: EWC-JD-062
Working Hours: Mon – Fri, 8am – 5pm
Probation Period: 3 months
Line Manager: Mark Lapthorn
Cycle To Work Scheme
Avensure Zest for Health & Wellbeing
Eye Care Vouchers