East West Connect ltd is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on age, race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristics.
This policy applies to all employment practices within the organisation, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training and apprenticeship. East West Connect makes hiring decisions based on qualifications, merit and business needs at the time.
We have exciting opportunities for enthusiastic people to join our Team. Here you will learn from the industry’s best, managing costs on various construction projects. You would be joining a business, who are continuously bringing on new, interesting contracts and have a friendly ethos throughout the team. The applicant must have great communication skills and be a reliable team player. The applicant will need to be well presented and courteous as they will be working in some very prestigious establishments.
As an East West Connect apprentice you will:
Train at one of the top performing colleges or training providers in the country
- Working both with our head office and on site
- Develop great working relationships with some of the industry’s most talented people
- Have a strong support network giving you the chance to build your confidence and use your initiative
You will learn to:
Work across our Engineering division to get a clear understanding of the business
- Work closely with engineers in the business
- Learn to identify risks within contracts and possible solutions
- Monitor and forecast project costs
- Gain an understanding of core financial management such as cash flow and budgeting.
- Monitor subcontractors and suppliers to ensure they have met our requirements before releasing payment
- Assist the commercial team with administration tasks including; applications, contracts, certifications, permits, etc.
- Provide forecasts and reports to East West Connect colleagues
We are looking for people who:
Are keen to learn
- Share our values of Passion, Integrity and Excellence
- Are organised and well prepared with excellent timekeeping and attendance
- Can speak and write clearly
- Enjoy working in a team
- Can follow instructions and work under pressure
- Are able to act independently
To apply, you need:
5 GCSEs (or equivalent) grade C/4 or above in English, Maths, Science and 2 other subjects plus, have achieved or be predicted to achieve 2 A Levels grade C (or equivalent – BTEC Extended Diploma, Level 3 Diploma, Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship) in STEM subjects.
How To Apply
Click here to apply. Please send a cover letter and CV, quoting job reference EWC-JD-060.
Please use the job reference in any further correspondence.
Contract Type: Full Time
Contract Duration: Permanent
Salary: Dependent On Experience
Start Date: Immediate
Job Reference: EWC-JD-060
Working Hours: Mon – Fri, 8am – 5pm
Probation Period: N/A
Line Manager: Chris Cooper
Cycle To Work Scheme
Avensure Zest for Health & Wellbeing
Eye Care Vouchers