This policy applies to all employment practices within the organisation, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training and apprenticeship. East West Connect makes hiring decisions based on qualifications, merit and business needs at the time.
We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Estimator to join our team of professionals. The ideal candidate will have previous experience in construction project management, be organised, motivated, detail-focused and driven. The Mechanical Estimator will support the Commercial Manager, working on a variety of opportunities from multi-site to stand alone contracts.
This is an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated, bright individual with outstanding communication skills.
- To actively promote the best Health and Safety and Environmental practices.
- Implement and comply EWC policies and procedures including business management systems, HR, IT, health and safety, environmental, communications and branding.
- Checking, maintaining and control the Client’s enquiry documents and communication through to project award
- To ensure that all tenders are prepared with a solid cost base and risk is minimised. In accordance with company procedures in place at the time.
- To ensure that several/alternative quotes are obtained to ensure true market costs and any opportunity is identified at tender stage.
- To assist with the estimation processes and help to maintain the use of the estimation computer package, the building of a library of usable pre construction information that can be used in future tenders. This is to include key documents like Value engineering suggestions and costings driven by the market trends and technology.
- As part of the pre-construction team, gaining new work for EWC, organisation and preparation of proposals including tenders for projects. Client, Consultant and 3rd part liaison in connection with new work and tenders. Negotiations with clients, consultants and professional team. Negotiation with all parts of the supply chain including subcontractors and suppliers.
General duties with respect to preconstruction and estimating.
- To engage and liaise with the accounts and administration team and ensure they are kept up to date on project specifics, client’s details, credit checks and schedules.
- Prepare, settle and submit tenders as directed by their Line Manager or Director.
- To understand and develop the processes in assisting delivery teams to ensure Tenders are handed over clearly and concisely with transparent risks and opportunities.
- Ensuring handover minutes are maintained and all relevant documentation and requirements are identified and again protect EWC positon for financial security and avoiding grey areas.
- Preparation of tender settlement documents along with the pre-construction team. Presenting the commercial aspects of the tender to the directors for adjudication and approval for submission to the client
- Liaison with EWC staff (as appropriate) in connection with project costing, trends, most efficient manors of estimating and general promotion of good cost control.
- To assist with any other duties as required and given by the board of directors.
- Assist in the development of suitable, reliable and robust supply chain to provide and compliment the above.
- To build and nurture a relationship with the client and professional team.
- To assist with review all proposed contracts and ensure that they are not overly onerous and any non-standard clauses are identified and agreed with all parties before contract is signed up to.
- Assist Engineering and Commercial teams in preparing subcontract and materials enquiries and review of the subsequent quotations.
- Extensive knowledge of mechanical, electrical, general building, fitting out, estimating and pre construction, a good grasp of commercial management, contract and construction management and technical services, a practical knowledge of safe methods of working.
- To have a high level of knowledge of standard measurement, take offs, estimation process, margins, overhead and profit to be afforded.
- Analytical estimating, financial and project risk assessment of tenders.
- IT including Trimble Estimating Software, spread-sheet software, presentation software, project programming software and general software to allow all documents to be professionally created and presented as part of the pre-construction team.
- Presentation and communication, in particular able in the use of the English language for verbal and written communication.
- A developed ability to assess site conditions, site works and measures from a physical inspection.
- Ability to prepare quantities and be familiar with the standard methods of measurement.
- An ability to read and understand tender documents especially specifications, drawings and Terms & Conditions.
- To be able to read and understand quotations, resolving any conditions or qualifications contained therein. To be able to read and understand tender/ Quotation documentation (correspondence, drawings, specifications, etc.) either in a paper or electronic version, including action as required.
- Able to plan and organise the work necessary to provide the cost estimate, and assist as required with cost variations, CRF and project financial accounts.
- To document, in a neat and meticulous manner, tender costs, reports and quotations, project accounts, outputs and associated information arising from the preparation of the tender and financial accounts, analytical estimating, organisation and pre construction management, supply chain management, using companies ISO Management documentation.
How To Apply
Click here to apply. Please send a cover letter and CV, quoting job reference EWC-JD-059.
Please use the job reference in any further correspondence.
Contract Type: Full Time
Contract Duration: Permanent
Salary: Dependent On Experience
Start Date: Immediate
Job Reference: EWC-JD-059
Working Hours: Mon – Fri, 8am – 5pm
Probation Period: 3 months
Line Manager: Danielle Rodgers
Cycle To Work Scheme
Avensure Zest for Health & Wellbeing
Eye Care Vouchers