East West Connect ltd is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on age, race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristics.
This policy applies to all employment practices within the organisation, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training and apprenticeship. East West Connect makes hiring decisions based on qualifications, merit and business needs at the time.
An Electrical Tester is in demand at EWC with the below requirements and skills.
The job role requires Electrical installation testing for existing, occupied social housing properties and commercial sites.
The individual is expected to work in line with both industry and manufacturer standards as part of an EICR Electrical testing and Remedial Repairs program. A sound knowledge and experience of BS1761 18th Edition and 2391 testing & inspection is essential. Electrical installation condition report testing, fault finding and remedial works not to be forgotten.
- NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in Electrical installations with a minimum of 3 year experience.
- City & Guilds 18th Edition
- ECS Skill card
- Full clean UK driving licence required, as well as your own tools.
- Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
- Enhanced DBS Check and Security checks are required for this role.
- Previous experience of working to an employer’s policies and processes and safe systems of work.
- Knowledge of the current legislation and good practice across the industry and identification of any areas where additional or updated training would be beneficial.
- Understanding of the H&S at works act, current H&S legislation applicable to construction and the project involved with.
- Have an understanding of social housing and the needs of clients and residents as well as subsequent stakeholders.
- Be prepared to attend training courses provided by the employer to further extend your knowledge of the type of works being undertaken.
- Participate in continued personal development programs to facilitate the growth of EWC as a business.
- Asbestos Awareness (desirable)
- Previous experience in a social housing environment (desirable)
- Willingness and commitment to enhance knowledge and qualifications in relevant subjects
- Presentation and communication, in particular able in the use of the English language for verbal and written communication.
- A developed ability to assess site conditions from a physical inspection and interpretation of surveys by colleagues or line managers.
- An ability to read and understand scope of works, especially specifications, drawings and terms & conditions and to be able to read, understand and sign off job specific risk assessments and method statements.
- Able to plan and organise the work necessary to achieve the project requirements and key milestones.
How To Apply
Click here to apply. Please send a cover letter and CV, quoting job reference EWC-JD-058.
Please use the job reference in any further correspondence.
Contract Type: Full Time
Contract Duration: Permanent
Salary: Dependent On Experience
Start Date: Immediate
Job Reference: EWC-JD-058
Working Hours: Mon – Fri, 8am – 5pm
Probation Period: 3 months
Line Manager: Paul McElwaine
Cycle To Work Scheme
Avensure Zest for Health & Wellbeing
Eye Care Vouchers