building service static maintenance engineer
East West Connect ltd is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on age, race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristics.
This policy applies to all employment practices within the organisation, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training and apprenticeship. East West Connect makes hiring decisions based on qualifications, merit and business needs at the time.
We have a fantastic opportunity available at EWC for a Static Maintenance Engineer to join an expanding team of maintenance electricians and mechanical engineers. As a company we offer career progression, upskilling courses as well as some of the best benefits in the industry.
The successful candidate will have a strong building services background in a commercial setting, ideally with a relevant qualification to electrical or mechanical engineering. They will be expected to integrate into a team of engineers and have a flexible attitude towards work, as well as supporting the wider business.
The applicant will need to be well presented and courteous as they will be working in some very prestigious establishments. There is full technical support and scheduling of works from our office based in Perivale.
Full clean UK driving licence required, as well as your own tools.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Enhanced DBS Check and Security checks will be required for this role.
Role & Responsibilities
- Ensure effective running of the assigned jobs1. Ensure effective running of the assigned jobs
- Sufficient labour and time are allocated
- Resourcing sufficient equipment and materials in conjunction with The Contracts Manager and the purchasing administrator
- Systematic and logical sequence of works
- Fault finding on electrical/mechanical systems
- Pick up on remedial actions
- Fill out job sheets with call out description, time taken and materials used
- Keep log books on site up to date
- Carry out remedial works
- Carry out site audits including cosmetic maintenance audits
- To ensure that all plant on site systems are well documented, and recorded efficiently, for asset registers & 60-day reports
- Liaise with Help Desk on PPM works to ensure they are completed on time
- Carry out PPM tasks as per schedule and update PPM’s to helpdesk
- Ensuring Compliance with Health and Safety regulations/risk assessments
- Liaise with customers and tenants to ensure expectations are managed and met
- Review RAMs and issue permits
- Be on a call out rota
- Technical and industry knowledge of the complete building services and construction.
- To develop an extensive knowledge of mechanical, electrical building services and a good understanding of their interfaces with general building works associated with them. A good grasp of commercial management, contract and construction management and technical services, a practical knowledge of safe methods of working.
- Knowledge of the EWC employee’s handbook, EWC policies and processes and EWC ISO system of works.
- Knowledge of the current legislation and good practice such as SFG20 along with identification of any areas where additional or updated training would be beneficial.
- Understanding of the H&S at Work Act 1974, current H&S legislation applicable to construction and relevant projects.
- Substantial practical experience required: – have experience of electrical services and maintenance on domestic/industrial/commercial systems.
- Presentation and communication, in particular able in the use of the English language for verbal and written communication.
- Must have relevant electrical and or mechanical qualifications.
- To present a professional image at all times, both in the office and to clients and be a ‘role model’ for all visiting staff and contractors
- Ability to apply basic problem-solving skills to a variety of situations.
How To Apply
Click here to apply. Please send a cover letter and CV, quoting job reference EWC-JD-051.
Please use the job reference in any further correspondence.
Contract Type: Full Time
Contract Duration: Permanent
Salary: Dependent On Experience
Start Date: Immediate
Job Reference: EWC-JD-051
Working Hours: Mon – Fri, 8am – 5pm
Probation Period: 3 months
Line Manager: Paul McElwaine
Cycle To Work Scheme
Avensure Zest for Health & Wellbeing
Eye Care Vouchers