FIRE & SECURITY TRAINEE
East West Connect Ltd is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristics.
This policy applies to all employment practices within the organisation, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training and apprenticeship. East West Connect makes hiring decisions based on qualifications, merit and business needs at the time.
Do you have a practical background or an interest in engineering with no experience?
Are you looking for excellent technical training and a rewarding career?
Here is an excellent opportunity for you to become an experienced engineer with great progression routes in a fast growing company.
You would be joining a business, who are continuously bringing on new, interesting contracts and have a friendly ethos throughout the team. The applicant must have great communication skills and be a reliable team player. The applicant will need to be well presented and courteous as they will be working in some very prestigious establishments. There is full technical support and scheduling of works provided from our office based in Perivale.
Full clean UK driving licence required, as well as your own tools.
Role & Responsibilities
- To carry out the Fire & Security reactive jobs
- To carry out Fire & Security PPM Maintenance / Reactive
- To carry out works associated with Fire & Security projects where requested
- Ensure all works are carried out to the current BAFE SP203-1 and IFCC approved codes of practice
- To carry out small works associated with Fire Alarm Installation and Smoke Control Systems
- Ensure all works are carried out to the current NSI approved codes of practice
- Electronic Security systems installation and maintenance – Intruder Alarms, Access Control and CCTV
- A suitable knowledge of extra low voltage systems and general practicalities of installing and managing these services.
- A suitable knowledge and appreciation of the associated security system that go with this to facilitate review of process, programming requirements.
- A suitable IT knowledge, including spread-sheet software, word and presentation software, programming software and general software to allow project delivery.
- Presentation and communication, in particular able in the use of the English language for verbal and written communication.
- A developed ability to assess site conditions from a physical inspection and interpretation of intrusive surveys and non-intrusive surveys.
How To Apply
Click here to apply. Please send a cover letter and CV, quoting job reference EWC-JD-049.
Please use the job reference in any further correspondence.
Contract Type: Full Time
Contract Duration: Permanent
Salary: Dependent On Experience
Start Date: Immediate
Job Reference: EWC-JD-049
Working Hours: Mon – Fri, 8am – 5pm
Probation Period: 3 months
Line Manager: Rares Muresan
Cycle To Work Scheme
Avensure Zest for Health & Wellbeing
Eye Care Vouchers