Domestic & Commercial Gas Building service Engineer
East West Connect Ltd is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristics.
This policy applies to all employment practices within the organisation, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training and apprenticeship. East West Connect makes hiring decisions based on qualifications, merit and business needs at the time.
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Commercial Gas/ Plant Maintenance Engineer to carry out PPM and reactive works, to commercial premises and the occasional domestic property. Applicants must hold Core Commercial (COCN1) and Domestic (CCN1) Gas qualifications as a minimum. The Applicant must also have a wealth of knowledge of working in plant rooms with all types of plant including Pumps, Pressurisation Units, Air Handling Units. Chillers and VRF would be an advantageous but not essential.
This is a great opportunity for the right individual with fantastic progression routes in our fast-growing company. This is a hands-on role that would suit an individual who can work using their own initiative and have a proactive approach to undertake all tasks required in a conscientious manner. The applicant must have great communication skills and a reliable team player. The applicant will need to be well presented and courteous as they will be working in some very prestigious establishments. There is full technical support and scheduling of works from our office based in Perivale.
Full clean UK driving licence required, as well as your own tools. Training provided but a good
understanding of client/manufacturers specifications is essential.
Role & Responsibilities
- Planning and undertaking scheduled maintenance
- Responding to breakdowns
- Diagnosing faults
- Repairing equipment
- Supervising engineering apprentices
- Obtaining specialist components, fixtures or fittings
- Maintaining accurate records
- Ensuring compliance with company/health and safety legislation
- Creating maintenance procedures
- Managing van stocks of supplies and equipment
- Out of Hours Rota ‘on-call’ work (1 in 5 )
- Must have Current domestic & commercial ACS gas qualifications (catering if possible).
- Must have relevant plumbing and or mechanical qualifications
- Substantial practical experience required: – have experience of mechanical services,
plumbing and heating maintenance on domestic/industrial/commercial systems.
- Full driving licence that enables the person to drive in the UK
- Must be Gas safe registered.
How To Apply
Click here to apply. Please send a cover letter and CV, quoting job reference JD-MAI-001.
Please use the job reference in any further correspondence.
Contract Type: Full Time
Contract Duration: Permanent
Salary: Dependent On Experience
Start Date: Immediate
Job Reference: JD-MAI-00001
Working Hours: Mon – Fri, 8am – 5pm
Probation Period: 3 months
Line Manager: Paul McElwaine
Cycle To Work Scheme
Avensure Zest for Health & Wellbeing
Eye Care Vouchers