FIRE ALARM Engineer
East West Connect Ltd is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristics.
This policy applies to all employment practices within the organisation, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training and apprenticeship. East West Connect makes hiring decisions based on qualifications, merit and business needs at the time.
An exciting opportunity has opened up for a Fire Alarm Engineer, who has a drive to multi-task and work in a fast pace environment.
As a BAFE accredited industry, we provide Fire Protection and Security systems for over 30 years. We are looking for individuals within this role, who is highly motivated and have a passion for excellent service delivery; demonstrate a strong customer focus and have an outstanding track record of delivering servicing, repairs and installation of fire alarm and emergency lighting systems whilst meeting company, customer and employee aspirations:
An electronic qualification and FIA Fire Alarm accreditation is a must.
Full clean UK driving licence required, as well as your own tools.
Enhanced DBS Check and Security checks will be required for this role.
Role & Responsibilities
- To carry out routine servicing, testing, inspection, repairs and installation of Fire Alarms and Emergency lightning with a relevant standards.
- Ability to demonstrate systems for customers with details such as the cause and Effects & consequences of false alarms.
- Knowledge of basic commissioning of various Fire Alarm systems such as Advanced, Kentec, Morley, C-tec etc
- An ability to read and understand scope of works, especially specifications, drawings and terms & conditions and to be able to read, understand and sign off job specific risk assessments and method statements.
- Be prepared to use a mobile phone app as part of your daily activity to assist the back office through the installation process on site for invoicing purposes.
- Good knowledge of internal door & frame installations to manufacturer’s guidelines.
How To Apply
Click here to apply. Please send a cover letter and CV, quoting job reference EWC-JD-040.
Please use the job reference in any further correspondence.
Contract Type: Full Time
Contract Duration: Permanent
Salary: Dependent On Experience
Start Date: Immediate
Job Reference: EWC-JD-040
Working Hours: Mon – Fri, 8am – 5pm
Probation Period: 3 months
Line Manager: Liviu Paunoiu
Cycle To Work Scheme
Avensure Zest for Health & Wellbeing
Eye Care Vouchers