East West Connect Ltd is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristics.
This policy applies to all employment practices within the organisation, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training and apprenticeship. East West Connect makes hiring decisions based on qualifications, merit and business needs at the time.
We are looking for an extra low voltage engineer with a passion for problem solving, providing technical support with areas of expertise in access control systems and door entry systems. Any additional knowledge of CCTV systems, fibre axial IRS, and Intruder alarm is an advantage.
This is a full time role demanding a day to day activity carrying reactive and PPM’s (planned preventive maintenance) making sure all works are carried out to the current NSI & CSI approved code of practice. The engineer will be a part of 5-6 team members supervising junior ELV Engineers.
Role & Responsibilities
- To carry out all extra low voltage jobs as needed.
- To assist in the office where required.
- Find the best engineering solution to allow maximum benefit to the project within the remits of the specification and standards.
- To attend appraisal meetings as required.
- To attend company staff meetings.
- To attend company H&S meetings.
- To attend team meetings.
- Competency of extra low voltage systems and all processes associated with them: Access Control systems, Structured Cabling, Door entry systems, CCTV systems, Intruder Alarm and Fibre and Co-axial IRS.
- Full competency of extra low voltage systems and general practicalities of installing and managing these services.
- A suitable competency and appreciation of the associated security systems that go with this to facilitate review of process and programming requirements.
- IT skills including spreadsheet software, word and presentation software, programming software and general software to allow project delivery.
- Presentation and communication skills, with particular ability in the use of the English language for verbal and written communication.
- A developed ability to assess site conditions from a physical inspection and interpretation of intrusive surveys and non-intrusive surveys.
- An ability to read and understand tender documents especially specifications, drawings and terms & conditions.
- Able to plan and organise the work necessary to achieve the project requirements and key milestones.
How To Apply
Click here to apply. Please send a cover letter and CV, quoting job reference EWC-ELV-015.
Please use the job reference in any further correspondence.
Contract Type: Full Time
Contract Duration: Permanent
Salary: Dependent On Experience
Start Date: Immediate
Job Reference: EWC-ELV-015
Working Hours: Mon – Fri, 8am – 5pm
Probation Period: 6 months
Line Manager: Dumitru Popa
Cycle To Work Scheme
Avensure Zest for Health & Wellbeing
Eye Care Vouchers